★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: X-Plane theme suggestions

02-03-2009, 03:55 AM
X-Plane theme suggestions

For me, even though i dont get to play ipodtouch games to often, the x-plane series is purely superb. top marks to the makers. i download every app as soon as it's released. I'm a serious aviation buff, so these games are a thrill for me.

Anyway, how about some serious possible x-plane future developments of themes for the developers to ponder over, apart from the usual 'more landscape', better graphics, speed, sound, environment etc etc.

i'd love to see (in no particular order) -

1) an aircraft carrier based theme - deck landings/take offs, F-14, F-18, A-6 etc.
2) WWII warbirds theme - P-38, P-51, Spitfire, Lancaster, Hellcat etc
3) Russian fighters theme - SU-27, MiG-29, MiG-25/31, MiG-27, SU-34 etc
4) display teams theme, ie, blue angels, thunderbirds, red arrows, red bull racing etc
5) Vietnam theme - Huey rescue missions, Phantom bombing missions, Cobra missions etc
6) war choppers - Mi-24 Hind, AH-64 Apache, Lynx, Huey etc
7) airshow - everything Reno airdays, Farnborough (uk) etc

Tall order maybe, but at least there's a few ideas there.

Last edited by sjleworthy; 02-03-2009 at 04:01 AM.
02-03-2009, 04:13 AM
xplane nasa: space shuttle, mars, and any of the actual "xplanes" that nasa used (they're all included in the desktop xplane)
02-03-2009, 04:35 AM
great list of ideas there - be hard to resist buying any of them

personally, I'd really like a cityscape to fly low over - NY bring the obvious choice but Hong Kong would also be nice - esp' with option of original airport location!
02-03-2009, 05:13 AM
Radar in military jet would be fun.
02-03-2009, 05:58 AM
WWII planes sounds awsome
02-03-2009, 06:32 AM
Send a message via MSN to Sierra275
Quote:
Originally Posted by icekat View Post
xplane nasa: space shuttle, mars, and any of the actual "xplanes" that nasa used (they're all included in the desktop xplane)
That would be X-Plane Space! Or not. 'Extreme' potentially comprises a lot of things. But chances are, this is modern military. He may release a WWII military, and a separate Space app. Heck, he may even release Sci Fi planes like the X-Wing or whatnot. But I don't think it's coming out in X Plane Extreme. Maybe a few more maps, or one of two new planes, but not a full space sim.

Sierra275 on Gameloft Live, Openfeint, Gamecenter, and most other social gaming networks on the iTouch.