★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Feel the Thrill of off-road racing with Road to Mudness!

After Ice Bullet success, Artico media returns to the racing genre with Road to Mudness, you'll need to tune up your off-road skills if you want to get the first place.

Features:

- 3 Different cars to choose from: Pickup truck, Monster truck and dune buggy!

- Race in 4 action-packed courses.

- Easy touch-based controls.

- Buy new upgrades for your rides in the parts shop!

- Burn your nitro power and let the others eat the dust!

- Accurate physics model simulates awesome crashes!

- New courses, cars and gameplay modes in upcoming updates.
02-25-2010, 12:30 AM
The game looks pretty good, especially if they add more cars and tracks in an update. I would like to see a video of the game in action. Seems like an old time racer game.

02-25-2010, 12:35 AM
Anyone picking this up?

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
02-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Has anyone tried this one yet. I am thinking of trying it myself.
02-25-2010, 04:46 PM
On the verge of TOFTTing this one - though their website says a trailer will be available soon.

For being titled "The Road To Mudness" I don't see a whole lot of mud.

But... If this plays at all like Rock N Roll Racing / Off Road / Sprint / etc. then it may be good.

I wish there were some mention on how the controls were like - I just see a transparent steering wheel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-25-2010, 04:56 PM
I purchased it earlier and am playing it on an ipod touch 32gb 3rd gen. It's a fun game but still needs some work. The framerate seems a bit slow. It also is very hard for me anyway to keep the truck going straight as it seems to have alot of oversteer. It has the potential to be a fun game but it needs to get a kick in the rear so to speak in the framerate. I thought the title is a gross overstatement when referring to mud lol. It has potential and I am sure people will like it but I suspect most issues would resolve themselves including the steering issues with a framerate boost as the controls are perfectly setup and implemented for the game. I really want to like the game and relive my super sprint and Ironman Off Road Racing days but this isn't going to do it yet. I think the dev has a great idea here and everything is so well implemented. Get me some more game speed and lets go racing.

Last edited by bckrupps; 02-25-2010 at 05:16 PM.
02-25-2010, 05:11 PM
So is this tilt to steer then?

EDIT: I find it very sad that it is easier to find a pirated copy of this game than to find information about it online.

Developers, please have your company's web page (and preferably a video or two) ready to go when your app releases!

And no, I'm not jailbroken and will not be pirating the title. Somebody let me know about how this plays/controls (bckrupps mentions weapons - I don't see anything on that in the App Store description...) and I'll probably pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 02-25-2010 at 05:18 PM.
02-25-2010, 05:21 PM
It's auto accelerate and you steer using the arrows in the bottom corners. That was my other problem because when I hit the brakes the truck goes off to one side. Seems you spend more time not trying to hit walls and less time racing. It's almost there though but it definately needs some tweaking. It's playable just not that enjoyable yet.
02-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Sorry drelbs. I mixes my review up with another game I was reviewing. Multiple windows open lol It's correct now.
02-25-2010, 05:50 PM
I did buy it. It plays like RC racing on dirt and is semi close with its physics. I used to race 1/10 scale on road and it does compare. However like you say it could use some tweaking. The shop shouls show the cost of items and open up even without enough money. I tried going into the shop for more tires or motor and the only thing that clicked open was the nitro and I ended up buying that which was not needed. I raced with all the vehicles. The truck has the best combination of control and speed. The Big VW is the easiest to control but is tip happy. The little buggy seems way to hard to control. The steering is a little weak, almost impossible to go straight without constant touching of both arrows. There should be a gas pedal so you can adjust your speed with instead of just gas. But it is a fair trade to have brake and no gas with auto speed. Their is no reverse which is correct as in official RC racing no reverse is allowed. The car reset is just like the turn marshall coming onto track to put car back in race. All in all it is a pretty good rc race game, best on ipod in my opinion. Of all the races so far I have finished as high as third in a big VW race. Worth .99? I would say yes it is. If they update the shop for easier use and adjust steering and add a few more tracks it would be worth much more.