★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Song Zuofei
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Space Raider is a game of controlling spaceship to avoid enemies, you can slide finger to control the spaceship easily on screen, and using different weapons to beat them.

To complete each level, you should collect numbers of power box in the level. In first levels, you don't have weapons, and the only way to finish level is to avoid the enemies, but at the Level 4, you would start to use different kinds of weapons: Missile. Beat them by using these weapon, try to don't make them disappointed......

There are only 4 levels and 1 missile weapon in the Lite Version.

btiger's comments:
Updated on 13-04-2010
Free for 2 days:
13/4/2010-15/4/2010

Updated on 25-03-2010

The version 1.1 is on the app store, there are 30 promotion codes of Full Version Game, so if you want to have a try, please send me a message, hurry up

Space Raider Lite Version(Free):
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/space-raider-lite/id361202905?mt=8

Space Raider Full Version($0.99):
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/space-raider/id354873425?mt=8

v1.1 Updates:
- Adding button animation effect
- Adding tilt control mode
- Adding game setup function
- Redesign the "Level" button
- Redesign the select level menu
- Faster missile speed
- Adding power shield disappearing hint
- Adding boundary to space ship
- Adding each missile weapon number to 5
- Can keeping 5 high scores now
- Removing the black line on the back ground
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________
Updated on 17-03-2010

The Lite(free) version of Space Raider is on the App Store, there are 4 levels and 1 weapon in the lite version, download it and enjoy it

P.S: I'm working on 1.1 version of Space Raider, it will be coming soon.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________
This is my first game---------Space Raider.

Space Raider

Space Raider is a game of controlling spaceship to avoid enemies, you can slide finger to control the spaceship easily on screen, and using different weapons to beat them.

To complete each level, you should collect numbers of power box in the level. In first levels, you don't have weapons, and the only way to finish level is to avoid the enemies, but at the Level 4, you would start to use different kinds of weapons: Missile, Laser, Super Bomb. Beat them by using these weapon, further more, there is a Final BOSS waiting for you at the end of levels, try to don't make him disappointed......

02-25-2010, 04:09 AM
PM sent

02-25-2010, 04:37 AM
I just spent some time playing this game. The artwork/graphics are very well done. The game play itself is also good. It is also a very good that you do not need your finger directly on top of your ship to control it. The difficulty ramps up like it should as you move up levels. The are nice weapons and powerups too. This is all in all a very good game. I have to say great job for your first app.
02-25-2010, 10:26 AM
I agree. This is a really nice game, especially if you like the doodle style graphics. I'm actually not usually a big fan of those, but for some reason these graphics are really nice to me. I like the way the paper looks folded and the fact that you have to dodge little Supermen.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
02-25-2010, 10:28 AM
PM sent
02-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the code. I only played for a few minutes, but I thought I'd offer my impressions based on what I was able to see.

I like the art style. It's got the ever-so-popular doodle look to it. However, it really bugged me that the folds in the paper did not scroll with the background. If your goal is to make the stars and planets look like doodles on a piece of paper, then I think that the paper should appear to be scrolling by at the same speed as the stars and planets.

I only got to level 5 or 6, but I think you need to consider other options for firing your weapons. When playing a game like this, I don't have my second hand in a position to fire the weapons. And you're basically screwed if you take your finger off the ship to fire your weapon. So, you're better off just ignoring the fire button altogether and just avoiding the enemies. You might want to consider something like a tap anywhere to fire, which is much more manageable with one hand. Plus, when I did decide to fire, the missle came out so slowly that by the time I could react to fire it, I was already being hit by the enemy that I want to fire at. To be useful at all, the missle should fire much, much faster.

Oh, and one more suggestion. You should consider making the enemies worth points when you kill them. There is no incentive to use your shield or other weapons because there are no points awarded for doing so.

It's a fun diversion for a few minutes, though, and a good first effort!

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
02-25-2010, 11:04 AM
PM Sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Sounds neat. Pm sent.

twitter: 32g_iphone3gs; . . openfeint, crystal, iTunes/iStore: pajo_ojap
02-25-2010, 12:30 PM
PM sent.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Even though the avoid games aren't really my thing, my kids really enjoy them and they liked this one a lot, perfect for their itouch. The artwork is fun, the game is smooth, and it's appropriate for younger ages. Other similar games have nasty bloody splatters, so it's great to find a game that doesn't.