★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best RPG

02-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Best RPG

Hey guys,

I am a pretty big iPhone gamer as well as an xbox 360 gamer. However, I have never really been into rpg type games before. I guess I never really gave them a chance to be perfectly honest. I would like to give them a chance now here on my phone. I have been checking out some in th app store and also saw FF released as well. I guess I am just wondering which one you guys think is the best for the iPhone? Now remember I am not normally an rpg type player and I really do not know anything about them at all. But now is the time to start. I am heading to NC tomorrow and I want to play which ever one I choose on the way there. Thanks to all who can help!

02-25-2010, 10:46 PM
FFI & II and definiteky zenonia 1 & 2 whenever it is finally released.

Currently Playing: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Real Racing, Sonic 2
Currently Awaiting: Sonic The Hedgehog 4
Beta Tested: Hit'n'Run, Ricochet Infinity, Blade Battle, Icarus-X, Zenonia 2
Game Center: Dewayne

02-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Which do you think is better out of FF and Zenonia? Like I said I know nothing about RPGs. This will be my first. I know this has been aske many times but with the release of FF I just wanted to make sure.

02-25-2010, 11:04 PM
It al just depends on what you want. Do you want turn based(you and your enimirs take turns at fighting) or non-turn based (you attack as fast as possible usually chaining attacks with spells, more of a button mash)?

Tester of over 30 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudgenudge View Post
Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Go with Inotia 2. Plenty of content and action that will keep you engaged for days. There is a pretty big update coming soon introducing a new class (ranger) as well as new addtional content. That's my recommendation. Check out the thread you'll see plenty of positive impressions and/or comments about the game.

I have played through ff1 and 2 enough times on other consoles to say they are great games no doubt but for me...I'm good on replaying them ATM.

Game Center: Diligence
02-25-2010, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
I have played through ff1 and 2 enough times on other consoles to say they are great games no doubt but for me...I'm good on replaying them ATM.
But he asked what was good for him not for you. He's never played FF, so that's probably a good place to start. Inotia 2 is not bad, and neither is Zenonia, but both get very repetitive fairly quickly. FF 1 & 2 are serious console games (albeit old) not cellphone ports.
02-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
But he asked what was good for him not for you. He's never played FF, so that's probably a good place to start. Inotia 2 is not bad, and neither is Zenonia, but both get very repetitive fairly quickly. FF 1 & 2 are serious console games (albeit old) not cellphone ports.
So saying "they are great games no doubt" isn't giving him my opinion on them? hmmm...

If he is going to get one or the other, I enjoyed 2 over one but again that's my opinion. Get both of you can, they are proven rpg's as well as a staple in gaming history.

Game Center: Diligence
02-26-2010, 12:06 AM
So FF it is then?

02-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Yipe 5.
02-26-2010, 12:37 AM
The only ones I've liked are Across Age, FF 1+2, and Inotia 2. The rest I regret I ever purchased. Also, since you're a 360 gamer I'd recommend Eternal Sonata and Mass Effect 1+2 for rpgs to play at home.