★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: GuLiMaRo
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 19.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (4)
App description: Don't buy this game! You have been warned... because you are now reading the description of one of the most addictive strategy games on the iPhone!

Jump into the very centre of the ancient empires' battlegrounds. Become the ruler of a mighty nation and lead youre armies to absolute world domination. The future of your people is in YOUR hands.

-------------

User reviews:

I wasn't really sure if the game is worth its price, but hell it totally is!
[Splinter17 at www.gamespot.com]

This IS the most addictive game in the world!
[canman12 at US AppStore]

"I like the gameplay"
[Ricardo Quesada - creator of Cocos2D engine for iPhone]

I wasn't expecting too much based on the screenshots, but I was blown away, how fun and deep this game is.
[DieMonstersDie at US AppStore]

-------------

As a sovereign of one of 4 nations available in the game, you have to protect your people and crush your enemies. Build defensive structures to repel invaders. Send your fearless and formidable warriors to destroy your enemies base. Evolve your nation to higher ages in order to get access to more powerful and deadly weapons and advanced technologies.

In order to achieve all these goals, you must plan carefully and spend your gold wisely. Only thoughtful and sensible decisions and good tactics will lead to victory.

-------------

* 4 unique nations, each with different strongholds and tactics available
* 33 offensive units, each with unique animations
* 8 deadly defensive units, from simple Stone Defenders to ground-shaking Catapults
* over 50 upgrades which can make your army invincible
* 5 ages of technological evolution
* 16 challening and historical-based achievements (integrated with OpenFeint)
* quick but comprehensive tutorial which will smoothly guide you through the ancient world
* AI adjusting itself to the current situation on the battlefield
* thousands of frames of unit's animation
* extraordinary soundtrack perfectly matching the tremendous game climate
* phenomenal game pace and unlimited action you will not be able to rest even for a second
* 3 predefined difficulty levels along with the possibility of creating custom difficulty levels

And when you eventually master the rules of Empires At War, challenge your colleagues and crush them with the MULTIPLAYER mode over Bluetooth!

Already addicted? don't waste time get Empires At War now!!

-------------

Upcoming game enhancements:
- new nations
- new units and upgrades
- your suggestions :)

-------------

NOTES:
- Bluetooth is required to play Multiplayer mode
- Complete nations, units, upgrades and achievements descriptions available at: www.gulimaro.com
- Lite version is also available on the AppStore!
02-25-2010, 10:35 PM
If you're a developer, and you're making a game that you damn well know the app store is littered with that have much higher production values than yours, why bother?

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper

02-25-2010, 10:47 PM
SO he doesn't have the right to advertise his game? Please...
02-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
If you're a developer, and you're making a game that you damn well know the app store is littered with that have much higher production values than yours, why bother?
That's the question I'd like to pose to a good 60% of app developers.
02-25-2010, 10:55 PM
You've just axed 90% of the games on the app store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
02-26-2010, 01:38 AM
Man, I hate to bash a game, because I understand the work that goes into it. But dang! It looks like a bunch of pictures were found across the internet & pasted together to make a game.
02-26-2010, 01:47 AM
>$2.99
>self proclaimed 'most addictive strategy game'
>bad graphics

good luck on your app store cash cow plan
02-26-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nremondelli View Post
SO he doesn't have the right to advertise his game? Please...
SO we dont have the right to comment in a free forum? Please...
02-26-2010, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamansimba View Post
SO we dont have the right to comment in a free forum? Please...
Of course you have... but sorry, I think all of you haven't played the game so far. Which makes your comments quite worthless.
02-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Game Impressions

I agree the graphics seem less than stellar but there are many games out there where the gameplay totally overcomes the visual aspect and maybe with some downloads they will improve them as many popular games have done over time. The graphics actually look nicer in game as well but still not professional.

The reason I'm stating this is I got the game and it's really good. If you like The Wars (graphics were never that great) or Cartoon Wars (graphics were never that great), then I think you will like this one. It's more like The Wars but there's more strategy, offense and upgrades. If you ever played The Wars, you know you sit there most of the time not spending money hoping your defense lasts long enough to get the special weapon - rinse, repeat wait until space age.

In this game you can go totally offense if you wish and there are many units and many upgrades. The upgrades reminds me of Age of Empires. You can research certain improvements to each unit and research special units. So, there's lots of decision making and strategy. Plus there are four nations with varying pluses and minuses.

I wasn't expecting much based on the screenshots, but I was blown away at how deep it actually was. Plus it moves at a quick pace - the computer doesn't slowly come at you - they are in your face and keep coming. Luckily you can totally customize the settings pre game - like how much much money you and they start with. It's a game I'll be playing for quite some time.

In summary:
If you love games that look great yet have bad gameplay don't get this.

If you buy games for the gameplay and can find it in your heart to ignore the unpolished graphics, you should get this.

If you trash games you know nothing about - you are a tool.