★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Freemium Game Discussion Thread

02-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Freemium Game Discussion Thread

Feel free to use this thread for ranting at end about how much you hate freemium games such as ngmoco's recently released (in Canada) We Rule.
02-26-2010, 02:52 PM
is this thread really necessary?

My favorite game is doodle army, so check out the awesome game's twitter

02-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Feel free to use this thread for ranting at end about how much you hate freemium games such as ngmoco's recently released (in Canada) We Rule.
Or turn your hate into positivity and take 5 mins out of your day to do something nice for someone else like give them a compliment

Being negative is viral, remember that you are influencing those around you with your own feelings.

Same thing with being positive, try it

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
02-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8erdude50 View Post
is this thread really necessary?
It's going to serve as the We Rule thread garbage dump, so yes.
02-26-2010, 02:53 PM
I knew it :another Touch Pet dogs! BIG FAIL! That's why I don't like this dev.
and.... This game has ADS!
and for those who asked about pricing: the store in the game is now available yet.

Last edited by goiMot; 02-26-2010 at 02:55 PM.
02-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmeat View Post
Or turn your hate into positivity and take 5 mins out of your day to do something nice for someone else like give them a compliment

Being negative is viral, remember that you are influencing those around you with your own feelings.

Same thing with being positive, try it
Very nicely said!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
02-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Very nicely said!
I've been a victim of viral negativity myself, not that I'm any better than anyone else, but when you can identify what's going on in your environment, it's easier to control yourself.

It'd be great if the internet was full of rainbows and everyone being cheery and nice, but that will never happen. We just have to learn how to interact with each other without causing too much influence in any one area.

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
02-26-2010, 02:57 PM
I just posted a comment about the game and It was deleted, well it seems that only good reviews are allowed?

the game has ADS
and the store in the game is not available, so not pricing news yet.
02-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Freemium games are almost like going to an arcade and popping quarters into the machine, but for your iPhone and iPod touch. A Touch Arcade, if you will.

But yeah, not sure I dig the model myself. It's better to pay for and own a full game, with optional paid expansions, than to have to deal with a sort of crippled subscription thing going on.

Madgarden aka Paul Pridham -- Code, sound, pixels: Death Road to Canada, PUNCH QUEST with rocketcat games, EGGNOGG, Chillaxian, GlitchMachine, Saucelifter, Sword of Fargoal... and more stuff on the way.
madgarden.net -- saucelifter.com -- glitchmachine.com -- fargoal.com forums -- madgarden@twitter
02-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
well it seems that only good reviews are allowed?
If you don't plan on downloading the game.. how is that a review?