★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: How I think full games wouldn'twork on the iPhone

02-03-2009, 01:58 PM
#1
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 15
How I think full games wouldn'twork on the iPhone

I don't think full games would work on the iphone for the one simple reason there wouldn't be enough room since most full games would be over 500Mbs so you would run out of space quite quickly.
02-03-2009, 01:59 PM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashoo View Post
I don't think full games would work on the iphone for the one simple reason there wouldn't be enough room since most full games would be over 500Mbs so you would run out of space quite quickly.
'yes, but u can delete games. Its not like you have 3 games in the DS at all times. Also, apple could have some sort of online solution.

02-03-2009, 01:59 PM
#3
You are a genius! Have you checked if apple is hiring? You really seem to have a clear vision for the future.
02-03-2009, 02:02 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
You are a genius! Have you checked if apple is hiring? You really seem to have a clear vision for the future.
were you talking to me?
and if you were, were u being sarcastic?
and if u werent being sarcastic, thanks!!!
02-03-2009, 02:10 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashoo View Post
I don't think full games would work on the iphone for the one simple reason there wouldn't be enough room since most full games would be over 500Mbs so you would run out of space quite quickly.
PSPs use 4 or 8GB memory cards for games, and they work.
02-03-2009, 02:13 PM
#6
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcwz View Post
PSPs use 4 or 8GB memory cards for games, and they work.
Well, not for completely 'legal' games, but for backups and such I can have a lot of psp games on it. You'd be surprised how well people can format and compress files so that they're very high quality but take up very little space...

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-03-2009, 02:13 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcwz View Post
PSPs use 4 or 8GB memory cards for games, and they work.
yes, but thts not the primary place to play games. The UMDS are.
02-03-2009, 02:15 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
'yes, but u can delete games. Its not like you have 3 games in the DS at all times. Also, apple could have some sort of online solution.
Yea but you have easy access to the games since you have the game cards. It would be annoying to keep having to redownload the games.
02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 208
I don't think its an issue.

I have an 8 GB iPod
1 GB used for music (I might even be able t shrink it a little if I really wanted)
1 GB for video (video podcasts, this is needed)

And around 1 GB for firmware, sound podcasts and pictures

that leaves me with 5 GB for apps! right now im using 1 and im at 34 apps (having beat maker (120 MB), PayBack (200 MB) and Tap Tap Revenge with everything downloaded being three of them)

I think I could have 3-4 full retail games on this no problem.
02-03-2009, 02:20 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashoo View Post
Yea but you have easy access to the games since you have the game cards. It would be annoying to keep having to redownload the games.
yes, thts a good point it would be annoying. but the iphone cannot take the DS or PSP because the iphone isnt competeing for the same spending dollars as the DS and PSP are. You dont ask yourself, should i get the ds or a phone? you say tht u will get both. But, back on ur topic, look at rolando its not 500 megabytes and its a "full" game.