★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Good PC-style RPGs?

02-26-2010, 07:13 PM
#1
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,359
Good PC-style RPGs?

Are there any good PC-style RPG games for the iPhone like Fallout or Baldur's Gate? Yeah, I know SNES had the best RPGs ever ( x 1,000), but I'd really like another game along the lines of Ravensword or Dungeon Hunter. My spending limit is $7.

Your suggestions would be appreciated.
02-26-2010, 07:21 PM
#2
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,966
If you don't mind it being combat heavy/centric, Necromancer Rising just had a major update and is a lot of fun. (lite)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

02-26-2010, 07:26 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
If you don't mind it being combat heavy/centric, Necromancer Rising just had a major update and is a lot of fun. (lite)
I was going to recommend the same game. There's also Underworlds. There are several games coming out in the near future that should fit the bill as well, including Rimelands, Xenome, and a secret project I'm beta testing.
02-26-2010, 07:33 PM
#4
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,040
Send a message via AIM to tzual
I would suggest Ravensword. It's pretty much an open-world RPG game with quests and a bunch of content. Check it out.

Openfeint: Tzual12
GameCenter, Plus+, AGON, Crystal: Tzual

Feel free to add me
02-26-2010, 07:33 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I was going to recommend the same game. There's also Underworlds. There are several games coming out in the near future that should fit the bill as well, including Rimelands, Xenome, and a secret project I'm beta testing.
Actually, Underworlds is even more in line with this, it's very much like Diablo.

I can't think of any that come close.

Undercroft plays like Dungeon Master II
The Quest is similar, but you're the one man army. (And is on sale right now)
Dragonbane II and Princess Zemelda play like the early Bards Tale games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzual View Post
I would suggest Ravensword. It's pretty much an open-world RPG game with quests and a bunch of content. Check it out.
Ravensword is very good, but not turn based.
Infinity Project is not an RPG, but reminded me of the feel of System Shock 2, which kinda was.
I haven't played much of the JRPG styled ones (except of course FF on other platforms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-26-2010, 09:54 PM
#6
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,359
I just downloaded Necromancer Rising lite and Underworlds lite.

Thanks for the suggestions.
02-27-2010, 09:40 PM
#7
get Shining force 1 or 2 from Sega

Last edited by ratrodstudio; 02-27-2010 at 09:43 PM.
02-27-2010, 09:52 PM
#8
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: New Zealand!!
Posts: 293
Ravensword 2 is being made atm, but dont know how long thats gona be. Apparently though its going to be more RPG focused than the last
02-27-2010, 10:00 PM
#9
The Quest. It's got several expansions and the complete experience clocks in at around 200 hours of first-person western RPG goodness. Currently on sale, just grab The Quest Gold and that'll last you a while, containing the first 3 expansions as well.