★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Are FF1 and FF2 the ONLY Final Fantasy games coming out for iPhone?

02-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Send a message via AIM to tzual
Are FF1 and FF2 the ONLY Final Fantasy games coming out for iPhone?

See title. I do not really have an interest in FF1 or 2 and i was wondering if they're making 4. The 4th FF is my favorite one of ALL time. Are the other titles in the works, or are they stopping after 2? I would be really disappointed if they stopped.

Openfeint: Tzual12
GameCenter, Plus+, AGON, Crystal: Tzual

Feel free to add me
02-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzual View Post
See title. I do not really have an interest in FF1 or 2 and i was wondering if they're making 4. The 4th FF is my favorite one of ALL time. Are the other titles in the works, or are they stopping after 2? I would be really disappointed if they stopped.
It all depends on the sales of final fantasy 1 and 2 on the iPhone. If sales are slow, than square enix won't bother to port the rest. So to answer your question, they aren't working on the other titles until they see sales go through the roof. So help out and rebuy these classics to convince square enix otherwise.

02-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
It all depends on the sales of final fantasy 1 and 2 on the iPhone. If sales are slow, than square enix won't bother to port the rest. So to answer your question, they aren't working on the other titles until they see sales go through the roof. So help out and rebuy these classics to convince square enix otherwise.
Exactly..

By the way I have a question for all FF/FF2 owners. Which one is better in your opinion. I want to pick one up but cant decide.

Thanks

Game Center: blake_storm
02-26-2010, 08:47 PM
It all depends, but I do know Squeenix is working on an iPhone-exclusive RPG.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
02-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
Don't know if you noticed, but FF1 is the top grossing app in the US and close to the top selling. FF2 is at #4 in the top grossing list. My guess is that the question of whether sales will be slow has been answered.

As to the OPs question, who knows?
02-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Don't know if you noticed, but FF1 is the top grossing app in the US and close to the top selling. FF2 is at #4 in the top grossing list. My guess is that the question of whether sales will be slow has been answered.

As to the OPs question, who knows?
yeah I noticed it, but less than 1 week sales don't convince square enix otherwise after a month if sales are still very strong, they'll announce more titles. So at the moment I'm hesitant to say based on 1 week's sales that final fantasy is getting more ports. Remember that square enix's sales volume expectations differs from an independant 3rd party developers expectations. But can't hurt to dream I guess.

Last edited by NolbertoS; 02-26-2010 at 09:00 PM.
02-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Send a message via MSN to GHRocker08 Send a message via Yahoo to GHRocker08
I have a feeling it's Top Grossing mainly because of the price tag, even though FF1 is #4 Top Paid. FF2 is only 22.
02-26-2010, 09:12 PM
I have a hard time believing these games will gross more money for SE than the PSP versions they are based on, especially with a healthy PSP install base in Japan and the rabid attention the series recieves at home. And those PSP iterations failed to get the ball rolling on more ports for THAT system.

Anything is possible, I suppose, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
02-26-2010, 10:00 PM
It depends on how the sales for FF1&2 are.

hi
02-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Yeah, it is all in the sales.

However, judging by how quickly FF1 has jumped into the top 25 (at least in the U.S.), it looks like Square Enix has done pretty well.

I'd love FF4 to come out to, it was (and still is) my favorite as well.