App description: Translated to many languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (European), Spanish and Russian.

Monster RPG 2 is a fantasy quest that spans continents and worlds and lets you take a simple villager and develop her into a hero with the power to save her world. The next instalment in the classic Monster RPG series, Monster RPG 2 is a turn-based role-playing game with enough variety, plot twists, secrets, and scenery to keep even the old school players coming back for more. If you liked the 16-bit classics on old consoles, you'll love this game. If you've never heard of those games, you're in for a real treat!

Check out the trailer and other videos on Youtube! Search for "Monster RPG 2".

Role Playing Goodness:

Nineteen locations to discover and explore.
Nine adventurers to add to the party, develop and lead.
Turn-based combat against over ninety monster types.
Eighteen spells for Magic Users and Clerics to cast (not including spells cast by monsters!)
Enough swords, guns, potions, helmets, badges, keys, staves and armor to keep any adventurer stocked for life.

Innovative features:

Intuitive controls let you dive into play right away. Tap and Go!
Musical options: great in-game music or play your iPod while adventuring.
Realtime tasks and puzzles increase the challenge and the fun!
Auto-Save returns you to where you were last adventuring if the phone rings or you reply to a text.

freedog's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up
02-27-2010, 12:11 AM
I am oddly compelled to impulse buy this, something I seldom do...

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.

02-27-2010, 12:28 AM
this looks pretty good
02-27-2010, 12:31 AM
definitely diffing the retro graphics...also compelled to buy.

Currently Playing: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Real Racing, Sonic 2
Currently Awaiting: Sonic The Hedgehog 4
Beta Tested: Hit'n'Run, Ricochet Infinity, Blade Battle, Icarus-X, Zenonia 2
Game Center: Dewayne
02-27-2010, 12:32 AM
this has peeked my interest a bit I might just do it!

Software Test Engineer/QA in the gaming industry with my name in the credits for some big titles such as Halo 3 for Xbox360. Companies worked for/at: Microsoft, Bungie, Monolith, Sega, Sony and a few handfuls of outsourced developers.
02-27-2010, 12:40 AM
wow.. I thought its gonna be crappy, but after looking at the videos.. it gives me the Suikoden feels! o.O

Dang it.. I want it now.. but there's FF that I haven't finished.. hmm... *ponders ponders*
02-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Yes.. It is very UNLUCKY released after FF released..

I love to play RPG. I don't care about the graphics. But I watched the video (on game's website) the real control (touching the text when battle) is really bad. Hope it may be improve in the update version.

If there is a lite version (maybe first chapter/only level up to LV5), we can test it and decide to buy it or not.

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog
02-27-2010, 02:06 AM
Glad I never bought FF cuz this looks WAYYY better

sorry fanboys

Software Test Engineer/QA in the gaming industry with my name in the credits for some big titles such as Halo 3 for Xbox360. Companies worked for/at: Microsoft, Bungie, Monolith, Sega, Sony and a few handfuls of outsourced developers.
02-27-2010, 02:33 AM
Hey guys, this is actually available for download free on the PC and I think mac if you want to try it out first.

http://nooskewl.com/node/29

I wonder if they'll keep it up, seems kind of counter intuitive to offer one and sell one. For Wesnoth it makes more sense as the game has a ton of content, and a skirmish mode. This seems like it would be a one time playthrough.

I'm downloading it now, if it's good...maybe I'll think about a app purchase.
02-27-2010, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatic View Post
Glad I never bought FF cuz this looks WAYYY better

sorry fanboys
Totally agree. I actually got F.F. ........P.O.S..... I love classic looking apps like this.

Playin the quest, or any of the numerous, awesome expansions? Are you stuck? If you need any help, feel free to PM me or email at "my user name" @gmail.com
I'm happy to help -GLLive, Marshall_B I have starfront , add me!