★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-02-2010, 11:51 PM
I've been playing some more, and the swipe based battle actions are really starting to grow on me. Even more. I'm starting to wonder why no other iphone rpgs have that control scheme...
03-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1v View Post
I've been playing some more, and the swipe based battle actions are really starting to grow on me. Even more. I'm starting to wonder why no other iphone rpgs have that control scheme...
Cause I'm sure none of them thought of it kudos To the dev for pioneering it .

-Obsessively playing: Order & Chaos ( Vicious lvl 60 guardian)-.

Beta tested: -Hit N' Run - Sketch Nation - Icarus-X - MultiBall -

03-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,084
This looks rather good.

I don't really have time for rpg's, but if this ever drops price I might get it just to try it.

The title is not good though - makes it sound like some generic Pokemon ripoff or something, which it clearly isn't.
03-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Just left a review on iTunes. I sure hope that anyone who has just discovered JRPGs through Final Fantasy I and II manages to find this gem.
03-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,274
This is a fantastic and well designed RPG. After playing the quick tutorial, the controls and menu interaction feel natural. The presentation of this game is well done. Everything about it.. the story, the gameplay, music... make it feel like a standout RPG, the kind where right from the beginning you just know you're gonna be getting into something good. It all has a retro feel to it, but in no way does that subtract from the game's good style.

So I'm having a lot of fun playing this. I like the swipe combat system used in the game better then the regular method used in most of the other RPG games. To me the gameplay is more engaging than Final Fantasy, which I got last week and think is a great game too, but for my own personal taste Monster RPG 2 is more interesting. But I've always been more into Suikoden and Secret of Mana type RPGs more than the early FF's. Recommend this game to all RPG fans.
03-03-2010, 02:50 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 1,223
Arg so wanna buy this, but just picked up Lunar remake...

I'm waiting for someone that has completed this game to give their opinion. Want to see how the pacing, and difficulty goes over the game.
03-03-2010, 03:02 AM
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylertv View Post
Well, I guess I can understand that. I'm currently playing through Persona 4, Dragon Age (again), Final Fantasy VIII, Monster RPG, and Space Miner.

Maybe I should focus....:
Haha, you're just the same as me. Just some games that I'm still playing:
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Disgaea 3
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Brutal Legend
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Final Fantasy

You also reminded me that I need to play Final Fantasy VIII again.

P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
Arg so wanna buy this, but just picked up Lunar remake...
Ooooh, Lunar remake. Didn't know this was coming. I need a PSP.

Last edited by Thaurin; 03-03-2010 at 03:21 AM.
03-03-2010, 05:54 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Canmore, AB
Posts: 330
The first update should be available shortly. The summary of changes is small, but I've address most of the issues reported in this thread:

* Easier to click buttons: pause/cancel triangle, battle action buttons, "OK" and other popup dialog buttons.
* Fix some collision boundries in the underground map
* Quicker response from press-and-hold popups: Save state popups, player info in battle, item description
* New icon
03-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentg View Post
The first update should be available shortly. The summary of changes is small, but I've address most of the issues reported in this thread:

* Easier to click buttons: pause/cancel triangle, battle action buttons, "OK" and other popup dialog buttons.
* Fix some collision boundries in the underground map
* Quicker response from press-and-hold popups: Save state popups, player info in battle, item description
* New icon
Quick question: is there a way to cancel an action in battle once it is selected. I've had a couple of instances where I've hit "Defend" or "Attack" by mistake and can't figure out how to back up a step to make a different choice.

The update sounds great. I hope that the new icon showcases the pixel art.
03-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Canmore, AB
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Quick question: is there a way to cancel an action in battle once it is selected. I've had a couple of instances where I've hit "Defend" or "Attack" by mistake and can't figure out how to back up a step to make a different choice.
The cancel action is always "shake" or tap the little red triangle in the top left corner.