02-27-2010, 02:37 AM
'Original story'?

That concerns me. No RPG on AppStore so far has a great story, imho. They all feel generic with cliche dialogue and narration. Final Fantasy might be the exception but that's because it's a port, not an original AppStore title.

I'm interested but wonder if it has any depth beyond the cool retro feel. Zenonia leaves a very bad taste in my mouth, it's just really terrible.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
02-27-2010, 02:40 AM
Uhh, just a side note. From looking at the videos the iPhone version seems to have updated graphics from the PC version. In fact, the PC version looks downright bad in comparison.

02-27-2010, 02:41 AM
I gotta quit accidentally posting as toiletbob....

forgot to logout of the old account on the laptop. :P

Tyler Williams - Video Producer
Website | Youtube | tylertv.net@gmail.com |
App Videos I've done
02-27-2010, 02:42 AM
why the hell are the screenshots backwards?

This game actually looks pretty good. There animated pretty well imo.

FF sprites might be 'cleaner', which makes there 2 frames of animation stand out even more. Could have had a better name though...
02-27-2010, 02:43 AM
That looks really fantastic ! No matter FF got released, as I played that already on the DS Rock on, Monster RPG !!!

Bye,
Emmanuel
Graveyard Dogs Visit our iPhone and Mac gamedev blog !
iSmashem Galactic for iPhone/IPod Touch !
02-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletbob View Post
Hey guys, this is actually available for download free on the PC and I think mac if you want to try it out first.

http://nooskewl.com/node/29

I wonder if they'll keep it up, seems kind of counter intuitive to offer one and sell one. For Wesnoth it makes more sense as the game has a ton of content, and a skirmish mode. This seems like it would be a one time playthrough.

I'm downloading it now, if it's good...maybe I'll think about a app purchase.
Thanks. I am downloading too.

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog
02-27-2010, 02:54 AM
So I played a few minutes of the PC version and it's fun, but brutally hard in the beginning. I'm running away from all my random encounters. Maybe I missed something, but I'm no stranger to JRPG's. Also, I'm betting they have made some tweaks since this version was released. At least, I hope so.

One thing I do appreciate is that the game moves quick, you won't be waiting around for much to happen. Which is nice for an iPhone game.

App Videos I've done
02-27-2010, 02:57 AM
I kinda like the music, for a free PC game the MIDI tracks are kind of catchy.

App Videos I've done
02-27-2010, 02:57 AM
took me a while to download but they have this 22minute long gameplay video on their website covering this long arse beach battle. Looked pretty cool

Software Test Engineer/QA in the gaming industry with my name in the credits for some big titles such as Halo 3 for Xbox360. Companies worked for/at: Microsoft, Bungie, Monolith, Sega, Sony and a few handfuls of outsourced developers.
02-27-2010, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylertv View Post
So I played a few minutes of the PC version and it's fun, but brutally hard in the beginning. I'm running away from all my random encounters. Maybe I missed something, but I'm no stranger to JRPG's. Also, I'm betting they have made some tweaks since this version was released. At least, I hope so.

One thing I do appreciate is that the game moves quick, you won't be waiting around for much to happen. Which is nice for an iPhone game.
Finished downloading. Playing for 2 mins. It is my RPG style. Casual playing. And now, purchase and downloading iPhone version. Hope the "touch" control is better than the video. I love level up. ^O^

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog