Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-18-2010, 02:22 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Hmm, is this game worth getting?
Old 03-18-2010, 02:35 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
So a cure potion will give me up to 50 hp, what do elixir, holy water, and heal all specifically do?
Oh, duh, nevermind. I can check the item description by holding the button down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balu` View Post
Hmm, is this game worth getting?
I'm early in, but I'd say so far definitely. I'm really liking it. It reminds me of staying up way too late playing Final Fantasy 3 and Chrono Trigger in middle school.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:05 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

All the love I'm getting from you guys has forced me to try and make a new update. So the list of things I want this time are:

* A function to copy an encoded save state to the clipboard and paste from the clipboard (i.e. load an external save state and save one, for example, email it or store it in a note or text file or transfer it to a different device or a friend). Save states after compression and encoding should only be about 35 characters.

* iPod music control from the pause menu.

* Basic difficulty setting

* Refine Hybrid dpad mode -- right now the dpad is used in some places where it shouldn't be, like in the menus.

That's basically it, and I probably won't add anything else for this update, as that's a big enough pile of work for now. Last time I said a week, this time I'm not going to give out an estimate until it's nearly done. I had to pull some major playtesting sprees last time to get it done in time, and I don't want to go through that again .
Old 03-18-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentg View Post
All the love I'm getting from you guys has forced me to try and make a new update. So the list of things I want this time are:

* A function to copy an encoded save state to the clipboard and paste from the clipboard (i.e. load an external save state and save one, for example, email it or store it in a note or text file or transfer it to a different device or a friend). Save states after compression and encoding should only be about 35 characters.

* iPod music control from the pause menu.

* Basic difficulty setting

* Refine Hybrid dpad mode -- right now the dpad is used in some places where it shouldn't be, like in the menus.

That's basically it, and I probably won't add anything else for this update, as that's a big enough pile of work for now. Last time I said a week, this time I'm not going to give out an estimate until it's nearly done. I had to pull some major playtesting sprees last time to get it done in time, and I don't want to go through that again .
Wow, that sounds great!

I actually got really confused the first time I activated the dpad controls. continued to try to press the continue button and obviously it didn't work. I think it took me a good two minutes to figure out I was actually supposed to use the new control option in the menu.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
I actually got really confused the first time I activated the dpad controls. continued to try to press the continue button and obviously it didn't work. I think it took me a good two minutes to figure out I was actually supposed to use the new control option in the menu.
I was actually worried about that happening, as it can be confusing... I think I can come up with something. Maybe popup a message the first time you choose dpad that says to use the onscreen dpad and buttons. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I was actually worried about that happening, as it can be confusing... I think I can come up with something. Maybe popup a message the first time you choose dpad that says to use the onscreen dpad and buttons. Thanks.
I would say the best thing might be to just continue using the touch controls in all the menus and have the switch to dpad once the game loads.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:40 PM

Oh, one thing I forgot, is I plan to add panning support to dpad modes as well.

Update: Music player is already in and working, leaking a bit of memory but nothing I can't fix up given a little more time with it:

Old 03-19-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Oh, one thing I forgot, is I plan to add panning support to dpad modes as well.
Could you increase the panning distance too, perhaps? To make the exploration less daunting, particularly early on.

Oh, and another couple of small things - the first vendor in that first village seems oddly unresponsive - I have to tap and tap and change position to start her trading screen.

Also, if you could have a look at the scrolling arrows in inventory screens? IMHO they are also too small or perhaps not responsive enough. In any case I sometimes find that I am either mis-tapping or something and they don't do what I want.

13 hours in and counting! Mmm... Charms .
Old 03-19-2010, 05:05 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

I'm liking the game (just picked it up couple days ago) but I seem to be dying all the time and am out of potions and stuff like that. Am I doing something wrong? It just seems so hard right off the bat. Not hard in defeating enemies but hard in how powerful they are against my team.

Am I doing something wrong?
Old 03-19-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackmodford View Post
I'm liking the game (just picked it up couple days ago) but I seem to be dying all the time and am out of potions and stuff like that.
Look at my post # 206 for some advice on starting out. It will not remain that tough - as you learn the ropes, the things will become quite manageable.