Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 03-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Balu` Balu` is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hungary
Posts: 3,956
Default

Hmm, is this game worth getting?
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 03-18-2010, 02:35 PM
medianotzu medianotzu is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
So a cure potion will give me up to 50 hp, what do elixir, holy water, and heal all specifically do?
Oh, duh, nevermind. I can check the item description by holding the button down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balu` View Post
Hmm, is this game worth getting?
I'm early in, but I'd say so far definitely. I'm really liking it. It reminds me of staying up way too late playing Final Fantasy 3 and Chrono Trigger in middle school.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 03-18-2010, 03:05 PM
trentg trentg is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canmore
Posts: 327
Default

All the love I'm getting from you guys has forced me to try and make a new update. So the list of things I want this time are:

* A function to copy an encoded save state to the clipboard and paste from the clipboard (i.e. load an external save state and save one, for example, email it or store it in a note or text file or transfer it to a different device or a friend). Save states after compression and encoding should only be about 35 characters.

* iPod music control from the pause menu.

* Basic difficulty setting

* Refine Hybrid dpad mode -- right now the dpad is used in some places where it shouldn't be, like in the menus.

That's basically it, and I probably won't add anything else for this update, as that's a big enough pile of work for now. Last time I said a week, this time I'm not going to give out an estimate until it's nearly done. I had to pull some major playtesting sprees last time to get it done in time, and I don't want to go through that again .
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 03-18-2010, 03:10 PM
medianotzu medianotzu is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentg View Post
All the love I'm getting from you guys has forced me to try and make a new update. So the list of things I want this time are:

* A function to copy an encoded save state to the clipboard and paste from the clipboard (i.e. load an external save state and save one, for example, email it or store it in a note or text file or transfer it to a different device or a friend). Save states after compression and encoding should only be about 35 characters.

* iPod music control from the pause menu.

* Basic difficulty setting

* Refine Hybrid dpad mode -- right now the dpad is used in some places where it shouldn't be, like in the menus.

That's basically it, and I probably won't add anything else for this update, as that's a big enough pile of work for now. Last time I said a week, this time I'm not going to give out an estimate until it's nearly done. I had to pull some major playtesting sprees last time to get it done in time, and I don't want to go through that again .
Wow, that sounds great!

I actually got really confused the first time I activated the dpad controls. continued to try to press the continue button and obviously it didn't work. I think it took me a good two minutes to figure out I was actually supposed to use the new control option in the menu.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 03-18-2010, 03:21 PM
trentg trentg is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canmore
Posts: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
I actually got really confused the first time I activated the dpad controls. continued to try to press the continue button and obviously it didn't work. I think it took me a good two minutes to figure out I was actually supposed to use the new control option in the menu.
I was actually worried about that happening, as it can be confusing... I think I can come up with something. Maybe popup a message the first time you choose dpad that says to use the onscreen dpad and buttons. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 03-18-2010, 03:26 PM
medianotzu medianotzu is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentg View Post
I was actually worried about that happening, as it can be confusing... I think I can come up with something. Maybe popup a message the first time you choose dpad that says to use the onscreen dpad and buttons. Thanks.
I would say the best thing might be to just continue using the touch controls in all the menus and have the switch to dpad once the game loads.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 03-18-2010, 08:40 PM
trentg trentg is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canmore
Posts: 327
Default

Oh, one thing I forgot, is I plan to add panning support to dpad modes as well.

Update: Music player is already in and working, leaking a bit of memory but nothing I can't fix up given a little more time with it:

Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 03-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Isilel Isilel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentg View Post
Oh, one thing I forgot, is I plan to add panning support to dpad modes as well.
Could you increase the panning distance too, perhaps? To make the exploration less daunting, particularly early on.

Oh, and another couple of small things - the first vendor in that first village seems oddly unresponsive - I have to tap and tap and change position to start her trading screen.

Also, if you could have a look at the scrolling arrows in inventory screens? IMHO they are also too small or perhaps not responsive enough. In any case I sometimes find that I am either mis-tapping or something and they don't do what I want.

13 hours in and counting! Mmm... Charms .
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 03-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Hackmodford Hackmodford is offline
Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 47
Default

I'm liking the game (just picked it up couple days ago) but I seem to be dying all the time and am out of potions and stuff like that. Am I doing something wrong? It just seems so hard right off the bat. Not hard in defeating enemies but hard in how powerful they are against my team.

Am I doing something wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 03-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Isilel Isilel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackmodford View Post
I'm liking the game (just picked it up couple days ago) but I seem to be dying all the time and am out of potions and stuff like that.
Look at my post # 206 for some advice on starting out. It will not remain that tough - as you learn the ropes, the things will become quite manageable.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent