★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-27-2010, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatic View Post
Glad I never bought FF cuz this looks WAYYY better

sorry fanboys
rofl.
02-27-2010, 04:11 AM
Wow I must be getting old, coz my eyes cannot see all the "better than FF graphics" that so many have experienced.
To me the graphics are crappy, low res and all mirrored.

02-27-2010, 05:14 AM
Haha.. Yes. The picture at the iTune is mirrored. And the graphics is not very good compare with the recently games.

I played the iPhone version about 1 hour now. The control is OK. Some strange to walk around (Most RPG will keep the character at center, this one can move the view, so the character may stand and walk at the side of the screen.)

For me, the starting of the game is / MUST level up first. The little lady is very week. And hard to level up. It required many EXP pts.

The other thing of iPhone MUST (we wanted) to have is autosave. This RPG can save anytime (not in battle). But a phone call will lost the current progress.

To Dev:
Think about adding Auto-Save when phone ring.
Improve graphics (Most of the people want better graphics)
Lower the price.
And Thanks for your game. ^O^

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog
02-27-2010, 05:23 AM
i kind of want this but the fact that theres a free computer version ruins it for me .......

-Obsessively playing: Order & Chaos ( Vicious lvl 60 guardian)-.

Beta tested: -Hit N' Run - Sketch Nation - Icarus-X - MultiBall -
02-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iOctober View Post
i kind of want this but the fact that theres a free computer version ruins it for me .......
Yep. PC and Mac version is FREE. I tried Mac version but the control is not easy for me. And iPhone version is much easy to bring outside.

That's why I ask the Dev to lower the price, it will let more people to play with this game.

My Blog
02-27-2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerchiu View Post

That's why I ask the Dev to lower the price, it will let more people to play with this game.
That or add something that's not in the free computer version.

-Obsessively playing: Order & Chaos ( Vicious lvl 60 guardian)-.

Beta tested: -Hit N' Run - Sketch Nation - Icarus-X - MultiBall -
02-27-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iOctober View Post
That or add something that's not in the free computer version.
Agree.

My Blog
02-27-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_k View Post
'Original story'?

That concerns me. No RPG on AppStore so far has a great story, imho. They all feel generic with cliche dialogue and narration. Final Fantasy might be the exception but that's because it's a port, not an original AppStore title.

I'm interested but wonder if it has any depth beyond the cool retro feel. Zenonia leaves a very bad taste in my mouth, it's just really terrible.
The Quest has the best story out of any RPG; even the side quests are epic!

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
02-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius View Post
The Quest has the best story out of any RPG; even the side quests are epic!

What's so great about the Quest's story? It seemed pretty generic to me. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the quest, but really what's so great about the story??

I think the best RPG story, EVER, was System Shock 2. Along with the best evil character, some of the best gameplay, etc. Only thing is some people won't call it an RPG even though it did probably the best job ever of combining RPG and FPS in history.

Now Playing: , Civilization Rev for iPad, Hero Academy, Sonic Racing, Kingdom Rush, Dungeon Raid, Where's my Where's My Water updates?
02-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by writingsama View Post
What's so great about the Quest's story? It seemed pretty generic to me. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the quest, but really what's so great about the story??
+1

I like The Quest too, but the story is pretty generic.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.