★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Where are all the baseball games?

02-27-2010, 07:12 AM
#1
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 47
Where are all the baseball games?

With the baseball season fast approaching, I'm surprised not to hear a peep about any new baseball games out for iPhone forthe 2010 season. IMO the existing crop is pretty bad. Anyone have intel on upcoming baseball games? All I know about is Freeverse's Flick Baseball which has been 'upcoming' for a while and might not even be released now since the acquisition.
02-27-2010, 07:23 AM
#2
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
With the baseball season fast approaching, I'm surprised not to hear a peep about any new baseball games out for iPhone forthe 2010 season. IMO the existing crop is pretty bad. Anyone have intel on upcoming baseball games? All I know about is Freeverse's Flick Baseball which has been 'upcoming' for a while and might not even be released now since the acquisition.
wrong section im sure, but gamevil has a baseball game, search for 'baseball superstars'

Currently Playing: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Real Racing, Sonic 2
Currently Awaiting: Sonic The Hedgehog 4
Beta Tested: Hit'n'Run, Ricochet Infinity, Blade Battle, Icarus-X, Zenonia 2
Game Center: Dewayne

02-27-2010, 07:28 AM
#3
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 437
Yeah I would like some cool baseball games too, they don't have to be MLB either, I would rather have something will great customization, season mode, and a tournament mode. Right now I'm playing Power Pros which is a highly underrated game, but it doesn't have playoff or tournament mode so that's my only real gripe about it.

The ultimate though would be for Blue Castle to make The Bigs 2 for the iPhone, that would be an awesome game for the portable platform.
02-27-2010, 09:14 AM
#4
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 357
I agree that the app store is lacking in hardcore baseball titles. The top titles right now are Power Pros, Derek Jeter Real Baseball and Homerun Battle, which isn't a full scale game. All of these are under rated. I would like to see Take 2 Interactive bring 2K Baseball to the app store, as well as 2K Basketball.
02-27-2010, 11:30 AM
#5
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino View Post
The ultimate though would be for Blue Castle to make The Bigs 2 for the iPhone, that would be an awesome game for the portable platform.
This sounds like it would be an awesome idea. I hated The Bigs for Wii (too cartoony for my tastes - I'm much more into realism when it comes to sports games), but its style of gameplay seems like something that would translate well to the iPod...The Bigs would probably come across a lot better in short, 10-15 minute bursts...
02-27-2010, 11:40 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewwhatever View Post
This sounds like it would be an awesome idea. I hated The Bigs for Wii (too cartoony for my tastes - I'm much more into realism when it comes to sports games), but its style of gameplay seems like something that would translate well to the iPod...The Bigs would probably come across a lot better in short, 10-15 minute bursts...
Yeah and with the homerun pinball minigame it would be amazing, Blue Castle is a great company and since The Bigs 3 isn't coming out till mid 2011 maybe they could do it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
03-27-2010, 02:35 PM
#7
Homerun battle

Homerun battle is freaking amazing. The online matchup code is great. Sure the game isn't perfect, but it's the best baseball game I've played.
03-27-2010, 03:02 PM
#8
They should make 'MLB 11 The Show' for iPhone.