★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Soul is the adaption of the critically acclaimed XBox Indie Game :
5/5 - wedonetwork.co.uk - "Turn the lights out, close the curtains and let the horror begin."
7.5/10 - xboxhornet.wordpress.com - "A solid entry that epitomizes the Games As Art philosophy."
7/10 - gamerlimit.com - "What really shines in Soul is the artwork and the simplicity of the presentation."

In Soul your goal is to bring the soul of a dead man to heaven throughout mazes that are going to test your dexterity and composure.

Features:
High resolution hand drawn levels
Immersive and scary environments
Intuitive gameplay using the accelerometer
Frightening sound effect
3 difficulty modes

Toad In The Hole's comments:

02-27-2010, 07:57 AM
TOFTTing this one. Will report later today.

02-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Every time I see a new game that I'm really interested, you'll show up and TOFTT for me
Come back quick.
02-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Looks interesting graphically, but I'm somewhat suspicious gameplay may mainly consist of that old "guide something through a maze without touching the walls" mechanic.

Tempted but might wait for SZ's impressions.
02-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Every time I see a new game that I'm really interested, you'll show up and TOFTT for me
Come back quick.
LOL! I won't be able to post impressions for a while -- today is family day in my household. Just from a quick run, it's a gorgeous variation on a marble/labyrinth game.
02-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Looks interesting graphically, but I'm somewhat suspicious gameplay may mainly consist of that old "guide something through a maze without touching the walls" mechanic.

Tempted but might wait for SZ's impressions.
Your suspicion is correct. Extremely polished, and conceptually and visually rich, but the gameplay is familiar. Seems to be the kind of game that you play to see what the designers came up with next.
02-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Okay - second TOFTT by me...
Impressions soon!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
LOL! I won't be able to post impressions for a while -- today is family day in my household. Just from a quick run, it's a gorgeous variation on a marble/labyrinth game.
It's ok, take your time, just that I trust your impressions

I know it'll be more of an 'old' gameplay, but I'd like to know if there are enough twists or if the art/atmosphere the game presented is worth the download. I can't resist this kind of hand drawn artworks.
02-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Okay - second TOFTT by me...
Impressions soon!
Heh thanks too
02-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Yep, that's just what it is. Got the XBox version myself — it looks fantastic, but the gameplay is a tad meh.

Last edited by LKR; 02-27-2010 at 09:17 AM.