★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Crystals of Atlantis a match-three game with vivid graphics, unique gameplay and a compelling adventure back-story. Take on the role of a young, intrepid archaeologist working against the clock in a desperate bid to find four crystals to solve the mystery of Atlantis.

Game modes:
- Adventure mode: travel through the game world, taking part in the excavation of ancient treasure, hot on the trail of clues leading you ever closer to solving the mystery of Atlantis.
- Free play: enjoy a quick match 3 game in the location of your choice and at a difficulty level to suit.


Features:
- Vivid, beautifully graphics
- 5 unique locations including Egypt, China, and Babylon
- 70 different levels
- 6 power ups (i.e. bomb, lightning, or extra time) and a special Super Power
- Option to play adventure or free play mode
- Various unique level types yet to be seen in match 3 games e.g. collecting the pieces of an item.
- Inventory view all the treasures collected during the quest.
02-27-2010, 11:08 AM
#2
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,454
TOFTTing!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

02-27-2010, 11:23 AM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Upstate NY/USA
Posts: 2,409
Looks interesting....might just be a purchase. Any impressions from anybody?
02-27-2010, 11:25 AM
#4
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Upstate NY/USA
Posts: 2,409
Looks interesting....might just be a purchase. Any impressions from anybody?

Edite: yea....going to buy. Don't normally do this but it description is enticing.

Dang......did the double post thing (again). Sorry!
02-27-2010, 11:35 AM
#5
Joined: May 2009
Location: Bookland
Posts: 3,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
TOFTTing!
You've been doing quite a lot of that lately, contending for the TOFTT throne?
02-27-2010, 11:46 AM
#6
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Upstate NY/USA
Posts: 2,409
been playing-swiping issues. doesn't recognize my taps on some gems. Takes a couple times. The presentation is beautiful. Inserts your name in the storyline.

Edit: Some might want to hold off purchasing. The double tapping to get the gems to move is consistent. (And getting annoying at this point). Does save your progress. Even tapping on menu buttons takes a couple times.
If it wasn't for this it's be a great game!

Edit: E-mailed dev/support in regards to the swiping problem.

Last edited by Coldar; 02-27-2010 at 12:17 PM.
02-27-2010, 12:34 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
been playing-swiping issues. doesn't recognize my taps on some gems. Takes a couple times. The presentation is beautiful. Inserts your name in the storyline.

Edit: Some might want to hold off purchasing. The double tapping to get the gems to move is consistent. (And getting annoying at this point). Does save your progress. Even tapping on menu buttons takes a couple times.
If it wasn't for this it's be a great game!

Edit: E-mailed dev/support in regards to the swiping problem.

I fully agree to your conclusions, but I have no problems with the swiping issues you mentioned. Did you restart your device.
Sometimes it is a slow down / lack of memory problem.

Game is indeed polished and it looks like I've seen it before.
Maybe a port of an online flash Match-3?

The presentation is really good, everything is animated nice and it comes with a big load of levels!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-27-2010, 12:43 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Upstate NY/USA
Posts: 2,409
yea.restarted and still having the same problem. I just updated my Touch to newest version, might have some to do w/ it. Had issues w/ other games from it.

I'm still playing it though. The graphics are really nice. It falls into genres like Azkend (but its still King) in a way. Quick storyline with the emphasis on play but is blended in nicely.
02-27-2010, 12:51 PM
#9
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
yea.restarted and still having the same problem. I just updated my Touch to newest version, might have some to do w/ it. Had issues w/ other games from it.

I'm still playing it though. The graphics are really nice. It falls into genres like Azkend (but its still King) in a way. Quick storyline with the emphasis on play but is blended in nicely.

It also reminds me at the Match-3: "the rise of Atlantis".

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-27-2010, 01:01 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Upstate NY/USA
Posts: 2,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
It also reminds me at the Match-3: "the rise of Atlantis".


Yea me too on RoA. Re-installed game just now and still same probs. The gems will actually enlarge first (as they should) just before you swipe them but thats when it refuses to move for me. And in either direction. Can't even find out if you can still swipe while gems are falling. This makes it more of a game for me. Did you notice this while playing?

Hope its my update. Will see when others play w/ Touch 2G newest ver.
I'd better stop giving out my game impressions till I review all my games and consider this in up coming new games as well.
Stupid updates!

This game is really worth getting and thats in hopes its only my device.

Edit: This game is ramping up in difficulty only after a few levels for me. Think the time factor in double+ swiping will keep me from progressing much high in levels though. But I still really like the game.

Last edited by Coldar; 02-27-2010 at 03:08 PM.