★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 200,000 Downloads + 1 year Anniversary Sale !!

02-27-2010, 12:50 PM
200,000 Downloads + 1 year Anniversary Sale !!

It's been a little over a year, and what started off as a "I have some free time let's give this a shot" hobby, turned out to be an amazing experience !

Over the last one year or so, Stitch'em Words have been downloaded over 200,000+ times, and I have never had this many people in my mailing list that I keep in regular touch with.

To give back to you all, Stitch'em Words is going on Sale for only 99cents ! If you are one of the those missing out on this game, this is a perfect chance to grab it.

Here are some screenshots and description for those new to the game:
  • Whopping 700+ Levels Set and 150+ Bonus Level Set !

• Dynamic Level Loading - Now Load Different Levels each time, for unlimited playability !

• LeadersBoard to see your progress amongst players World-Wide !

• Math Bonus Rounds - Given a set of random numbers (for e.g. 1, 5, 10) and a Random Target (for e.g. 49) use Arithmetic to reach the Target (for e.g. 5*10 -1 =49)

• 4 Different Challenge Modes ! Hide Word structures, Disable Hints, Negative Scoring for Wrong Guesses - Bring it on, Push your limits !

Youtube link | Pop Up

Games Developed: STITCH'EM WORDS
02-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Congrats!!!

I really enjoyed the game back then. A charming, unusual twist to word games.

02-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amusing Grace View Post
Congrats!!!

I really enjoyed the game back then. A charming, unusual twist to word games.
I'm glad you liked it

In the sea of imitators, I'm not aware of anyone else coming up with this kind of game. Has anyone else come across something like this, that combines pictures with letters to make words, like you do in Stitch'em Words?

02-27-2010, 02:19 PM
This has been one of the few games that has been on my phone since I got it. I don't play is all the time, but I always enjoy coming back to it, and playing a few levels. A really original word game, and it really makes one think. I am always trying to find the hidden word - is there a hidden word on every single level? - or just some?

Anyways, great game, and for anyone that likes word games, this one will have you scratching your head - although, when you think a bit, generally most of the words will come to you. I have an ongoing game, that I have not yet lost - can't remember what level - but I just keep going and going..

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
02-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
This has been one of the few games that has been on my phone since I got it. I don't play is all the time, but I always enjoy coming back to it, and playing a few levels. A really original word game, and it really makes one think. I am always trying to find the hidden word - is there a hidden word on every single level? - or just some?

Anyways, great game, and for anyone that likes word games, this one will have you scratching your head - although, when you think a bit, generally most of the words will come to you. I have an ongoing game, that I have not yet lost - can't remember what level - but I just keep going and going..
Thanks for a quick review. Leaders board on this is looking very competitive...when I was developing it, I never thought people would be able to score that high in Grandmaster Level !

02-27-2010, 08:43 PM
This is one word game that has never left my device. Very original like everyone says. I'm still playing it, and I hope one day I can actually finish the game. For word game lovers, this is a must buy, so grab it while it's on sale!
02-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
This is one word game that has never left my device. Very original like everyone says. I'm still playing it, and I hope one day I can actually finish the game. For word game lovers, this is a must buy, so grab it while it's on sale!
Thanks for the encouraging words ! For those looking to give this a shot, there's also a LITE version available

02-28-2010, 03:20 PM
OK, so I love word games and decided to grabthis while it's on sale. Now I can't play because the game can't connect to the server to create my player ID. So what gvies? I'm online, so it's not a connectivity issue. What is the game trying to do that prevents it from connecting? And how can I get past this step so I can play?
03-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Still can't play. Almost a week since I bought it. Why can't I connect and create an ID to play?
03-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagManX View Post
Still can't play. Almost a week since I bought it. Why can't I connect and create an ID to play?
Sorry about all the trouble. It turned out some of our scripts got a little wacked when we upgraded from PHP4 to PHP5. Everything should work now. Hope you're still willing to give this a shot