★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: They're mean, green (and yellow, and purple) home-wrecking machines -- and they're headed your way! Calculating creeps want to knock your house down. You can mow 'em down, slow 'em down or teleport 'em away, but can you stop these fiendish Kretures from beating a path right back to your door?

FEATURES

* Obstacle laden, open field tower defense
* Retina display graphics
* Network Leaderboards
* Five unique, detailed, and very large game maps.
* Creeps that change paths to avoid your defenses
* Five towers including fireball, ice, cannon, and teleport
* Enemies that attack by land and sea
* Levels with multiple Creep spawning Grounds
* Carefully balanced, endless waves that will challenge even the most experienced TD players ... before eventually, inevitably, overwhelming them

GAMEPLAY VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDOmE0Bsg8c

HD VERSION

HD and Lite versions also available, just search for Kretures HD

WEBSITE

www.kretures.com

Do you have what it takes to thwart these would-be home invaders? Kretures -- get yers ... NOW.

PrecociousP's comments:

Universal Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kretures-hd/id402510993?mt=8

Free Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kretures-hd-lite/id412363373?mt=8

Mac Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kretures/id414487660?mt=12

Gameplay Video (Taken on the Mac Version):

02-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecociousP View Post
Our first app just approved for sale in the app store! Feedback would be very much appreciated!

appinfo]http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kretures/id351632067?mt=8[/appinfo

Your code has to be: appinfo=all.

Anyone TOFTTed yet?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 02-27-2010 at 04:13 PM.

02-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks Vovin! I'm still new to this, obviously
02-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Always glad to be of help!

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Ok, I had a deep look into that game and it is for a first app really not bad at all - even if there are some things which have to be improved...

Oh, btw, am I wrong or are you devs brothers?

I'll list you my impressions, maybe the other forum members join in and have also some advice ready?

The game is running smooth on my iDevice, even at heavy action.
The graphics style is simple and unique, I really like the look of the levels, these strange looking islands.

The game comes with 5 maps, that's enough for me now. Man, you really build some gigantic maps!

It's an open field TD game but I really like the maps with the maze-like ways.
You have basically a tower to do the shooting and you can upgrade it's shooting range (not the firepower) massively. This adds a nice strategic element. The next tower is a classic Slow-Downer, upgrading this will multiple the slow-down effect. Next you got stones which you can use to block unprotected passages. And you have the teleport fields. These fields will transport the Kretures attacking your home to another place of the map where they run into your prepared traps. You always have to set two fields - one in and one out.

I eventually noticed that the Kretures are not looking for the fastest, instead they're looking for the safest way - or am I wrong here?
But I noticed that they tried to avoid my towers!
After a few of them were shot down, the others started to run through other passages, ruining my strategy!
So you always have to think ahead of them, because when that avoiding happens, the real fun starts!

Controls work fine and the tutorial is quick and easy to understand.

I can say, for your first app, Kretures is well done, even if the graphics need a little bit of polish, a few more maps and maybe leaderboard support.
What you really should work on is to get a few more towers out. People like towers. In this game, I could really imagine a missle tower, doing less damage but hitting a number of Kretures at once.

I hope I didn't depressed you too much with my impressions, I only try to stay honest and trustworthy.
But I am really interested to watch how this game expands in future updates...

Last edited by Vovin; 02-28-2010 at 02:13 PM.
02-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Oh, btw, am I wrong or are you devs brothers?
Yep, your not wrong

Quote:
The game is running smooth on my iDevice, even at heavy action.
The graphics style is simple and unique, I really like the look of the levels, these strange looking islands.
Thats great to hear! We had a lot of fun building out the svg->game map generator. It was important for me to have maps that I could scale up as we experimented with the gameplay. And building and rebuilding tile based maps got tedious real fast.

Quote:
The game comes with 5 maps, that's enough for me now. Man, you really build some gigantic maps!
I think they play well on a iPhone ... I'm hoping they're gonna play great on an iPad Also, we wanted to make sure players never ran out of spacing building out their defenses.

Quote:
It's an open field TD game but I really like the maps with the maze-like ways.
You have basically a tower to do the shooting and you can upgrade it's shooting range (not the firepower) massively. This adds a nice strategic element. The next tower is a classic Slow-Downer, upgrading this will multiple the slow-down effect. Next you got stones which you can use to block unprotected passages. And you have the teleport fields. These fields will transport the Kretures attacking your home to another place of the map where they run into your prepared traps. You always have to set two fields - one in and one out.
Yep, damage dealing towers are upgradable as you describe, slow towers are aoe and their effects stack, and teleport towers open up new paths by making two squares that were not adjacent to each other traversable by mobs. However you still have to 'convince' the creep its in its interest to take the teleport.

Quote:
I eventually noticed that the Kretures are not looking for the fastest, instead they're looking for the safest way - or am I wrong here?
The Purple guys will always take the safest path, yes. So they need to be corralled into your damage dealing mazes.

Quote:
But I noticed that they tried to avoid my towers!
After a few of them were shot down, the others started to run through other passages, ruining my strategy!
So you always have to think ahead of them, because when that avoiding happens, the real fun starts!
I'm thinking about adding some swimming + damage avoiding creeps in the next version ... or will that combination be too cruel ? Maybe I'll just surprise players who hit wave 50 or so with them

Quote:
Controls work fine and the tutorial is quick and easy to understand.

I can say, for your first app, Kretures is well done, even if the graphics need a little bit of polish, a few more maps and maybe leaderboard support.
Thanks Vovin! And I agree, my expertise is as a coder, not as a designer. I'll be working on getting improvements to the look And yes, OpenFeint leaderboards are on the way! Playing now can be considered good practice for dominating the leaderboards when they appear in an update soon!

Quote:
What you really should work on is to get a few more towers out. People like towers. In this game, I could really imagine a missle tower, doing less damage but hitting a number of Kretures at once.
Now that we've (hopefully) got the balance in place more interesting towers are definitely on the way!

Quote:
I hope I didn't depressed you too much with my impressions, I only try to stay honest and trustworthy.
But I am really interested to watch how this game expands in future updates...
These impressions were great, and very helpful! Thanks for posting such constructive feedback!
02-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Well, I played some more and sometimes the game let's me sit there, staring at the map in pause mode and thinking over strategies... If you haven't thought about a good strategy til wave 25, the kretures just stomp you into the ground.

But I am really impressed by the kretures behaviour to avoid your defenses.

Maybe it would be a good idea to give at least 3 different kreture types each its own unique ability.
Besides avoiding defenses and damage I could imagine swimming, too, or some "confused" kreture which takes whatever route it likes, randomly. Or a creature who can become invisible for 10 seconds. That would be evil if they pop up just behind your line of defense...

02-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
I could imagine swimming, too
You haven't run into the Fish Tanks ? You will ... they're fun They come at you early on Mt. Desert Island.
02-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecociousP View Post
You haven't run into the Fish Tanks ? You will ... they're fun They come at you early on Mt. Desert Island.

The yellow ones? Yes, they are nasty.
But I really wonder that no-one else has joined the thread...?

02-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Quote:
But I really wonder that no-one else has joined the thread...?
I'm wondering the same ... Let's try this: I've got 5 promo codes for the next five tower defense enthusiasts who PM me and offer to provide game feedback.