★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What should i get???

10-06-2008, 07:55 PM
What should i get???

I got 30$ left. Im think Pac-Man, Pole Postion and Bejewled. Im also thinking X-Plane or Rolando (Whenever that comes out). Any suggestions?
10-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raps27 View Post
I got 30$ left. Im think Pac-Man, Pole Postion and Bejewled. Im also thinking X-Plane or Rolando (Whenever that comes out). Any suggestions?
Ok, Pac-man sucks without a joystick, not worth even $5. Don't get that!

Pole position is fun but the fact that you blow up when you hit other cars drives me nuts!!!! And the fact that all of the other cars are !!!SUICIDAL!!! doesn't help....(They TRY to run into you)

Bejeweled isn't worth it, there are other similar games with the same concept for much less. Fire drop is fun, sort of like bejeweled and best of all is FREE.

I would recommend (You probably have some of these):

iCopter
Asphalt Racing
Galcon
Papijump +
Flick Bowling (Only $0.99!)
Missile Command
Toy Bot Diaries
MotionX Poker
Trism (Especially if you like bejeweled)

10-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Well, I recently got Ms. Pac-Man and really love it. I imagine I'd like Pac-Man as well but haven't purchased it and am not sure I will (I like Ms. Pac-Man better.) The controls take some getting use to, yes, but the stroke method of input does work well once you get use to it. Is it as good as a joystick? Probably not, but it does work well anyway, and your iPhone/iPod Touch fits a lot easier into your pocket then a Ms. Pac-Man machine!
10-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Galcon
Phit
BallsEye
Knots

all that for under 10 bucks, it has kept me entertained for months exluding Phit and ballseye which just came out...
10-06-2008, 10:51 PM
I would say Blue Skies, de Blob, Circular Assault(great and overlooked!), Reign of Swords, Enigmo, Imangi, Vay, Block Breaker 2, and Space Monkey. Most of these are cheap, you could probably get them all for 30$ at this point with prices going down. Plus most of them have a lot of replay value, or are just long in the first place.
10-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Fieldrunners $5
Surface to Air Mayhem $3
Mote-M $1

those prices are what i remember i could be wrong but i've gotten my monies worth out of all 3 of them.

Last edited by Voltarion; 10-06-2008 at 11:44 PM.
10-06-2008, 11:34 PM
I'll slightly repost a previous one I did tallying games I love that total around $30:

Trism $3
Enigmo $5
Bugdom 2 $3
Flick Bowling $1
Mouse About $3
Block Breaker Deluxe 2 $2
Air Hockey $1
Texas Hold'em $5
Rock N Roll $2
Dizzy Bee $3
Motion X Poker Dice $1
Biiball $1
Virus $1
Plank $2

(readjusted to reflect new apps and blue skies moving back to it's normal price)

That's a lot of great game for $30, a lot better than just getting those three you listed imo.
10-07-2008, 01:41 AM
I personally think Pac Man is SO overpriced. I have bought it, played it a few times, and haven't played it since. Yet I have played much cheaper games many more times (and still play).
If you are interested in X-Plane (you did mention it) then I recommend that, so long as you are aware there are no missions, no weapons, and nothing to blow up. It is a flight sim, nothing more. There is one runway (which you can always find by the handy arrow on the compass) and various weather, time, and planes to choose from. Take off and enjoy flying around the mountains. Then the challenge is pulling off the perfect landing. I love it myself, but if you aren't into the laid back nature of flight sims, it's not for you.
PS. The developer has promised a lot more in future updates, like more planes, and more areas and runways.
10-07-2008, 02:49 AM
It depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for "real" games i'd suggest you buy Asphalt or Super Monkey Ball. I'd probably wait for ToyBot Diaries 2 and NFS Undercover as well.
10-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
I personally think Pac Man is SO overpriced. I have bought it, played it a few times, and haven't played it since. Yet I have played much cheaper games many more times (and still play).
It comes down to what you like in a game. I really love Ms. Pac-Man and I've been playing it quite a lot. Probably more then anything else I've played. One of the things that works for me about these older games is that you don't play them through once and then never want to play them again. I keep wanting to go back to try to beat my best score. In addition Ms. Pac-Man (and Pac-Man) have the draw of wanting to see all the cut scenes. Getting to see all of them is such mind-bogglingly difficult task that it's something I'll probably never actually succeed at, but it's fun to try. Mind you, I like both kinds of games and not all such games have the draw that Ms. Pac-Man does. I think if you're going to buy an overpriced game, Ms. Pac-Man is a good one of those to buy.