★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: MAJOR Rolly update submited

02-03-2009, 07:45 PM
MAJOR Rolly update submited

Hey guys; thought I would make a thread on a MAJOR Rolly ($0.99) update that was submitted to Apple. I'm especially happy about this one since I did the new visuals for this version. What's new?

-MAJOR Bug Fixes
-fixed glitch where user could jump out of level into infinite blue-ness
-Bullets are more responsive
-Jump on level 10 is normalized and now payable
-background texture optimization
-made level over buttons bigger
-new backgrounds!
-new icon!
-4 new levels; bringing it up to 15 levels
-added "About" page
-New loading message
-Save system

and many more enhancements towards stability, playability and over user experience.

I designed the new backgrounds for this version; as well as the new icon. Unfortunately I can't post either. I agreed to those rules. But this is a major update. And honestly; I think it's the most stable version of Rolly. So it's all up to Apple now. I highly recommend the app. It's lots of fun!! Can't wait for you guys to see the update.

Here is a video of an earlier version; THOSE ARE NOT MY BACKGROUNDS! They are some a previous version had but they were blurry.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Update: A lite version has been released. See thread.

Last edited by dannys95; 02-13-2009 at 10:58 PM.
02-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Woop Woop!

I really love the game, but found it to be a little hard to play with the minor bugs. I'm really looking forward to the update, and the new icon! I love icons.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

02-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarringtonSoftware View Post
Woop Woop!

I really love the game, but found it to be a little hard to play with the minor bugs. I'm really looking forward to the update, and the new icon! I love icons.
believe me the bugs r resolved in this version; and i think the icon looks pretty good; but i don't like making icons much. i like working in BIGGER spaces; not in small spaces.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
02-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Anyways, can't wait to play it!

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

02-03-2009, 08:08 PM
I remember this game. Haven't played it in a while. Hopefully the update will draw me back to it

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
I remember this game. Haven't played it in a while. Hopefully the update will draw me back to it
it will; trust me. im also a beta tester and it will draw your attention back.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

02-03-2009, 08:18 PM
danny sorry, but if it happend to you would be probably not happy too.
plus i'm waiting for the update and some video about the new version of rolly. last time i wasn't impressed maybe this time i will actually buy it
02-03-2009, 08:21 PM
whats this game about, Ive heard talk of it but I aint willing to spend $ on it yet.
02-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopoly View Post
whats this game about, Ive heard talk of it but I aint willing to spend $ on it yet.
look at the app description? it's really worth $1 but remember the update is not out yet. u navigate the ball though a 3d world (made in unity) but u must watch out since it's a puzzle game. you can see a video here BUT THESE ARE NOT MY BACKGROUNDS!!! these are some old ones that were blurry. but here's the video. it's a total of 15 levels.

Youtube link | Pop Up

p.s: maybe a mod can help me with embedding the video here and in the end of the first posts? thanks

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Last edited by dannys95; 02-03-2009 at 08:49 PM.
02-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
p.s: maybe a mod can help me with embedding the video here and in the end of the first posts? thanks
Wrap the [youtube][/youtube] tag around this part of the link: ju13rz8jFoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopoly View Post
It's a game inspired from Little Big Planet, watered down, but still fun to run through; worth the $0.99.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

Last edited by Donburns99; 02-03-2009 at 08:48 PM.