★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Once upon a time, in a faraway land, Chromies were living happy and free. Just a guy wasn't so happy, his name was Gummyhead. He didn't like what Chromies eat, so he thought of an evil plan to turn those cute little creatures into a yummy dinner. "

And this is how the Chromies story begins...

So, are you ready to fight against evil creatures? Are you ready to save the day? Are you ready to set those tiny little creatures free? But above all, are you ready for hours and hours of fun and exciting gameplay?

Colorous: A Color Odyssey is an original puzzle game for iPhone and Facebook, where you should pair Chromies of different color to unleash devastating combos and gain thousands of points. Race against time in Classic Mode and watch the fantastic tale of Chromies unravel in Story Mode, fighting evil bosses to restore freedom in the magical land of Chromies.

You can also challenge your Facebook friends! Beat their score and reach the #1 position between your friends, but also on the World leaderboard! You can also play Colorous on Facebook ( http://apps.facebook.com/colorous/).

Colorous: A Color Odyssey features:
- Two different game modes: Classic Mode and Story Mode
- Fast, fun and exciting gameplay

Classic Mode features:
- 20 different levels
- Race against time to reach the top score!

Story Mode features:
- 8 magic worlds
- 50 different levels
- 10 powerful bosses

For all social Chromies:
- Challenge your Facebook friends
- Share your score on Facebook and Twitter
- Reach the #1 in the World leaderboard!

Devilishly Good's comments:

Link to Lite version:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/colorous-a-color-odyssey-lite/id356588685?mt=8
02-28-2010, 05:54 AM
I hope you're gonna like this game, we thoroughly worked on it for the last few months.

02-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiocristi View Post
I hope you're gonna like this game, we thoroughly worked on it for the last few months.
Welcome to the forums!

You mentioned devastating combos; can the player continue to make matches while a previous match completes? And if so, are these included in the combo score? Smiles is a good example of what I'm talking about.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
You mentioned devastating combos; can the player continue to make matches while a previous match completes? And if so, are these included in the combo score? Smiles is a good example of what I'm talking about.
No, we tested a feature like this during development, but at the end we thought it would have been better letting the game screen fill again before allowing the player to make other moves.

Since the replenishment is very fast and takes just a couple of tenths of second, we opted for this design choice, because we thought it was less chaotic and with a minimal impact on gameplay.

Hoping I clarified any of your doubts.
02-28-2010, 01:02 PM
There's a lite so you can try it.

I like this game system. I only miss something like OpenFeint.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
02-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Played the lite. A really deep matching system, and quite unique. With the various powers, the game is quite challenging. This is like Alchemize in the sense that although timed, combos and good scores are not going to happen without thinking (albeit quick thinking).

@djflippy, with the unique matching system, not being able to do multiple matchings is not at all a hindrance for, although I am moving slowly at the time being.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
02-28-2010, 01:25 PM
I just downloaded the lite version a few minutes ago and I've been working my way through the tutorial. I really like the design of the game; the Chromies are hilarious, and the music is particularly well done. To be honest, I'm having a bit of trouble with the combo system, but I'm pretty sure that has everything to do with the fact that I haven't eaten anything yet today.

Edit: pluto6, sounds like you and I are in kind of the same boat.

Last edited by K76; 02-28-2010 at 01:31 PM.
02-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Well, it's really great knowing you enjoyed it.

I hope you're going to download the full version, if you liked the Lite one.
02-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi there,
i'm really happy for your comments!
btw, i'm the other Colorous's "dad", and i want only to suggest to keep trying to play using basic combinations of colors and learn the other step by step...
there are many ways to complete a stage, and for the first times you can score great, also with a "rookie" approach

enjoy!

oh, K76... for the ones, like you, that found our Chromies cute and adorable (they are!!!) i can say that we are going to sell some t-shirt and merchandise soon! so, stay tuned, we'll udpate you with all the news about that
04-03-2010, 06:21 AM
We have released the iPad version of the game, called Colorous: A Bigger Color Odyssey (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...910#post971910). If you're buying an iPad, check that out!

To celebrate this new release, we're slashing the price of Colorous: A Color Odyssey for the whole Easter weekend to $0.99/€0.79/0.59.

Have fun guys!