★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Footy Flick

02-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Footy Flick

Play Flick Footy and see how many times can you Flick a goal without Flicking it out of bounds on the full?

Beware of the thousands of cheering fans armed with beer cans, ready to throw at you.

Score as many points as you can in a row and become a Footy Flick Legend.

No ads and totally free.

Game includes:
-Simple easy to use interface
-Simply stunning graphics
-Intuitive flick control
-Real footy sounds
-Varying wind speeds
-Angry fans and beer cans

We have tried to capture the essence of Australian footy on the iphone and focused on the sensation of kicking a goal.

We have improved on the flicking sensation, gone is the analytical wind speed and direction indicator and in its place is a simple flag blowing in the wind. So simple it really gives you the feeling of having to kick with your gut instinct, not your head calculating all the angles.

--Potts

http://itunes.com/apps/footyflick

You can follow us on the Facebook Footy Kick Hall of Fame at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6910146&ref=mf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FootyFlick_Primary.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	15144   Click image for larger version

Name:	FootyFlick_Screen02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	15145   Click image for larger version

Name:	FootyFlick_Screen03.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	15146  

Click image for larger version

Name:	FootyFlick_Screen04.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	15147  

Last edited by Potter10; 02-28-2010 at 04:28 AM. Reason: No ads and totally free.
02-28-2010, 12:54 AM
Finally, an Aussie rules game. But it's not a full game, so I'll pass.

hi

02-28-2010, 01:07 AM
This looks similar to the game by Pikpok, which is pretty good.
02-28-2010, 01:16 AM
The graphics are pretty ordinary though.

hi
02-28-2010, 02:37 AM
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback.

Random Guy - it's free Can you be more specific with the graphics?

BazookaTime - Cheers! We started it before that other one was released... would have gotten it out earlier but we've still got day jobs
02-28-2010, 03:34 AM
Sorry, but without realistic ball physics this is a complete waste of time. You have ONE action for the player to perform in this game, so it's kind of important to get it right. Take a look at a game like Touch Soccer if you need an example of what I mean.
02-28-2010, 03:38 AM
Oh, my bad. I didn't know that it was free. I will try it out now, then.

hi
02-28-2010, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Sorry, but without realistic ball physics this is a complete waste of time. You have ONE action for the player to perform in this game, so it's kind of important to get it right. Take a look at a game like Touch Soccer if you need an example of what I mean.
Thanks for the feedback Gabrien. In a game I'd take "fun" over "realistic" any day. Maybe that's just me. We use a full physics engine (unity 3D) but keep it on a really short leash. In testing it just felt more "right" and fun this way.
I had a quick try of Touch Soccer (controls take a bit of getting used to) but its not the sort of game we were trying to make. We want something simpler.
You in Aus? Should watch the footy on TV and compare the feel of a 50m kick to the one in our game. We tried hard to match it.

BTW what do you think of the cans the crowd throw back? lol
02-28-2010, 05:03 AM
This is our first casual game so any constructive feedback really helps, thanks.

We focused on keeping it simple and addictive with no ads and totally free.
02-28-2010, 05:07 AM
This game has a nice look you guys.
I played it and there are some nice touches like the camera flashes and the flag being blown.
My only 2 concerns - first, the players shadow is a nice idea.....if there is movement. Being static, it's gotta go. It's a bad distraction.
There are a couple of ways of animating it that I can think of.

Second, the ball is gone in a blink. Its flight seems a bit fast and dissapears when it reaches distance.

Otherwise, nice job!