★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: PileUp! Candymania

02-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
PileUp! Candymania

Ok first i got to say i used the search and nothing showed up

It's a new game from Realarcade and it looks actually nice like a polished mix between tetris and bubble bash i might pick it up
Anybody tried this? A review would help

Sorry about the link on my itouch

Waiting for: Plants vs. Zombies, Cogs, Riddim Ribbon
Plus+: arono
02-04-2009, 12:09 AM
I've played it just once. It's OK.

Let me play it a bit more then I'll write more about it.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
02-04-2009, 02:37 AM
Ya I bought it. I put a quick post in the favorite games no one mentions thread. IMO its a really good game. Very well done. If you've tried the Flexis game its quite similar to that. It's the same type of match 3 and they disappear type thing but with kinda a physic twist. So when you place the balls they kinda follow gravity and fall down. If you want to try the game there is a demo you can play on realarcade.

But for $0.99 it's pretty good especially if you like the match 3 type games.
02-04-2009, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznChaos View Post
Ya I bought it. I put a quick post in the favorite games no one mentions thread. IMO its a really good game. Very well done. If you've tried the Flexis game its quite similar to that. It's the same type of match 3 and they disappear type thing but with kinda a physic twist. So when you place the balls they kinda follow gravity and fall down. If you want to try the game there is a demo you can play on realarcade.

But for $0.99 it's pretty good especially if you like the match 3 type games.
I'd say it's far better than Flexis.

02-04-2009, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
I'd say it's far better than Flexis.
Yes I'd also agree
02-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Ok took a chance since I like RealArcade Sally's Sallon and Tiki Towers so much and just bought this outta the blue.

Ok I have to say this is by far my favorite matching game as of now. Beats Bejeweled 2, ChocoChocoPop, Jewel Quest II, and Smiles....and yes even Collapse Chaos. Why?

Ok this is a match 4. It's dropping a triangle of 3 candies. You can rotate them if you wish. Flick up then tap anywhere to rotate. Obviously move left or right to place where you wish. They fall into their places. Other match games the pieces stay exactly where you place them for the most part or just fall straight down. This has usually power ups like most of the match three. Joker (wild) and 3 different bomb types. Quest mode with 60 levels. Also I like if you completely clear a color it won't reappear anymore on that level. Also this has locks which just means they won't fall and just stay there until 4 are matched and they are destroyed. Also has numbers like 5 or 4 which means once you match four the 5's will turn to 4. Do it again 4's turn to 3's and so on till you destroy them. The way these drop diagonally I really like rather than just a simple square grid like most other matching games. Anyway 5 stars from me for such a polished game and $1 to boot.
02-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Send a message via MSN to Lukearcade22
I bought it today, and i am addicted to it

i like all the real arcade games, they are all unique

I am gonna buy text twist turbo in a couple of days, then i have all the realarcade games

But i am a big puzzle fan, so most of my money goes to puzzle games, which is why i bought Candymania for 59p...BARGAIN!

Games I am Playing: Aiko Island, World Mosaics, Mage Gauntlet, Puzzle Quest, Time Geeks, Roll In The Hole and Sunday Lawn

Game Center ID: Lukearcade22
02-18-2009, 04:26 PM
It's a nice puzzle game indeed. Going through the levels will unlock power-ups for Quick Play. By the way, a level may have one of the following goals: remove all candies or move the coin to the floor. The music is a bit annoying. 4/5 for me and let's not forget it's only $0.99!

02-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Glad to hear you guys liked PileUp! Candymania. I personally thought it was well done and true to the old school "PileUp!" gameplay.

The candy theme game does kind of inspire me to flesh out a game concept revolving around a Gummi Bear war. Though not as casual as our usual gaming fare, I do think there might be some fun in a "Battle for Candyland" kind of game.