★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Save save games?

02-28-2010, 10:05 AM
#1
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 69
Save save games?

Hi,
is it possible to save the save games of games from the app store on my PC?

Because i want a new iPod Touch and don't want to loose the save games.

My iPod isn't jailbroken.


Sorry for my bad English. Hope you understand what I mean
02-28-2010, 10:06 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,587
Send a message via AIM to KGameLover1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4AP View Post
Hi,
is it possible to save the save games of games from the app store on my PC?

Because i want a new iPod Touch and don't want to loose the save games.

My iPod isn't jailbroken.


Sorry for my bad English. Hope you understand what I mean
You need to jailbreak first.

02-28-2010, 10:15 AM
#3
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4AP View Post
Hi,
is it possible to save the save games of games from the app store on my PC?

Because i want a new iPod Touch and don't want to loose the save games.

My iPod isn't jailbroken.


Sorry for my bad English. Hope you understand what I mean
I think that you can make a backup in iTunes.
I'm not 100% sure if it saves the saves.
Try to look it up in the Help section.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!

Last edited by jyhjyh; 02-28-2010 at 11:58 AM.
02-28-2010, 10:16 AM
#4
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,587
Send a message via AIM to KGameLover1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhjyh View Post
I think that you can make a backup in iTunes.
I'm not 100% sure if it saves the saves.
Try to read iabout n the Help section.
It doesn't save the saves.
02-28-2010, 10:16 AM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGameLover1 View Post
You need to jailbreak first.
No I don't think you have to.

I believe if you do a restore to the new ipod it will transfer all the old game saves.
02-28-2010, 10:17 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGameLover1 View Post
It doesn't save the saves.
Restores DO save games.
02-28-2010, 10:20 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: At that place... with those... people...
Posts: 1,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Restores DO save games.
Restoring deletes all the save files but keeps all of your games.

OMG. Double Rainbow!
User ID: Gryphon23 Agon: Gman23
"Birthday Cake, is just Birthday Cake without a little gravy..." Gravy makes EVERYTHING better.
02-28-2010, 10:29 AM
#8
Yes, you can. Just make sure to do the following:

1) sync and backup your current iPod with iTunes
2) connect your new iPod and sync it. iTunes should ask you if you want to restore it from an existing back up. Say yes.
3) when syncing finishes, sync again -- this will bring in all your media and apps

You should have all your saves, though you may have to sign in again on any social networks or multiplayer servers. Some apps that use your UDID to identify you online may give you trouble, but that's rare these days.

Make sure to sync twice -- that's the key.

For future reference, these kinds of threads should go in the Lounge
area.
02-28-2010, 10:30 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon23 View Post
Restoring deletes all the save files but keeps all of your games.
That's not true.
02-28-2010, 10:34 AM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon23 View Post
Restoring deletes all the save files but keeps all of your games.
I have had to do a restore and all my game saves were still the same.