★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

FF Tactics on iPhone?

02-28-2010, 11:09 PM
FF Tactics on iPhone?

Hey guys,

I was playing today at the fantastic FF tactics advance on my GBA (yea, I still play at this sometimes) and I was wondering : Does Square Enix will ever port this fabulous game to the iPhone, like they did with FF I & II, or is it only a dream that will never come true? I would like to have your opinion on this idea

Thanks!

Game Center ID : UnluckyPotato
I just won an iPad2 with Tapstatic!
Support Them at :
www.tapstatic.com
02-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphie123 View Post
Hey guys,

I was playing today at the fantastic FF tactics advance on my GBA (yea, I still play at this sometimes) and I was wondering : Does Square Enix will ever port this fabulous game to the iPhone, like they did with FF I & II, or is it only a dream that will never come true? I would like to have your opinion on this idea

Thanks!
They don't port the later nintendo/sony games over.
02-28-2010, 11:14 PM
I think i'm going to stick to playing this on my Playstation or psp pluggged into the wall. I really doubt my iphone battery can last a single lengthy battle in one charge. Not to mention that I almost always start over when I lose a character I like...
02-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deewin View Post
I think i'm going to stick to playing this on my Playstation or psp pluggged into the wall. I really doubt my iphone battery can last a single lengthy battle in one charge. Not to mention that I almost always start over when I lose a character I like...
True.

The i-device battery is really bad. When I got my new Touch (my first i-device) I had no idea battery life was so tiny when playing games.

3D games just eat the battery life in about an hour it seems. Really, really bad. I suppose I could get more if I turned off wifi, set brightness very low etc., but still, it's bad.
03-01-2010, 12:36 AM
I can imagine them porting the first one, since they seem to have have no problem doing PSP ports. I doubt they'd be able to port the gameboy ones though, if only because Nintendo have a reputation for being assholes when it comes to exclusivity contracts for their systems.