★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Coming Soon From I-play.. Paperboat Race

03-01-2010, 09:14 AM
#1
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 285
Coming Soon From I-play.. Paperboat Race



Blow, Blow, Blow your boat ....

Get your boat ready and be the first to cross the finish line! In Paper Boat Race you’ll be able to blow into the microphone to make your boat faster and win!

Just blow at the boat (with the microphone) and the boat will sail! Alternatively, you can sail by pressing a button on the screen. In this mode, if you blow into the mic, your boat will get a great speed boost! This is great to pass your opponents!

To guide your paper boat along the course in the swimming pool, you’ll use the accelerometer. Be precise, pass between the flags and avoid hitting the obstacles!

In Paper Boat Race you’ll be able to compete in 4 championships with 5 races each. The difficulty level will gradually increase in each circuit!

Leaderboards and achievements are provided by OpenFeint! You can compare your score with your friends and publish your achievements on Twitter and Facebook!

First Ever released Screenshot !!


Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IplayGaming

Become a Fan on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/IplayGaming
03-01-2010, 10:03 AM
#2
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Posts: 559
Send a message via MSN to FK1983
Looks cool!

Do you need a game testing or reviewing? PM me!

Plunderland, absolutely amazing game!

03-01-2010, 11:37 AM
#3
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4
It promises a lot of fun!

Last edited by duda; 03-01-2010 at 11:41 AM.
03-07-2010, 05:34 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,449
Looks like fun, any news on a release date?

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
03-07-2010, 05:41 PM
#5
Is there any way to control the boats other than the microphone? I would think that would make it device limiting?
03-07-2010, 05:44 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Is there any way to control the boats other than the microphone? I would think that would make it device limiting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-play View Post

Just blow at the boat (with the microphone) and the boat will sail! Alternatively, you can sail by pressing a button on the screen. In this mode, if you blow into the mic, your boat will get a great speed boost! This is great to pass your opponents!
Was thinking the same thing!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
03-07-2010, 05:47 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Was thinking the same thing!
Saw that, but even with the button it still uses the microphone unfortunately. Does not seem that many devices will get the full game experience.
03-07-2010, 05:48 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,449
Good point!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
03-09-2010, 11:51 AM
#9
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Saw that, but even with the button it still uses the microphone unfortunately. Does not seem that many devices will get the full game experience.
You can "sail" the boat without using the Microphone at all there are 2 buttons on the screen for "forwards" and "backwards" and the steering is done by tilting sideways

hope this helps

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IplayGaming

Become a Fan on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/IplayGaming
03-09-2010, 11:56 AM
#10
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,083
can u tell us when is it going to be released?