★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sprint Racers GP - 2D overhead racer preview

03-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Sprint Racers GP - 2D overhead racer preview

Sprint Racers GP is a fast paced 2D racing game coming for the iphone/ipod touch soon.

• Rookie and Pro races on each track against upto 8 AI cars.
  • Ghost racing, perfect your racing lines.
  • Openfeint online leaderboards and achievements.
  • Music by Imphenzia(.com).
Video will be posted after submission to apple (in more ways than one).

For now though, here are some screenshots:

Racing against the Pro's:

Last edited by gametakeaway; 03-11-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: modified description and pics to describe free version
03-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Looks great, keep us informed!

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
03-01-2010, 08:46 PM
This looks amazing! Instant buy for me, any plans on adding multiplayer? Or maybe DLC for more tracks? Just ideas.

A quick post that i chuckled a bit at in the Lounge.
Thread: "Tell me about something you like."
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
I like coming home to a freezer full of freezepops.
oh, and freezepops.
03-02-2010, 01:52 AM
Looks like a fun top down racer.
03-02-2010, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the initial feedback. Here's a rundown of the features that didn't make it this time around and why.
  1. Multiplayer
    A fantastic feature for this type of game but unfortunately the economics of the AppStore make it unviable. On a positive note, if openfeint provide real-time multiplayer support in the future, it'll be on the top of The to-do list.
  2. Track editor
    A prototype was built to try out the idea but the resulting tracks where made of predefined pieces that offered little variation. The result was tracks that looked very similar and became tedious very quickly. The hand-crafted route takes longer but offers better design options and ultimately a better game. DLC is a very real possibilty for the future but the initial game does offer a lot content (4 tracks x 3 environments x 3 race modes = 36 races in total).
  3. Custom car colours
    Each car is split up into a 3x3 grid and the colours can be defined. The "paintshop" UI made the game too complicated but it may be resurrected in a future version.

The game will be released with the first track and it's 3 race modes to try out and an in-app purchase to upgrade to the full version. So you can try before you buy.