★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Motion-X Poker Vs Yahtzee?

02-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Motion-X Poker Vs Yahtzee?

Hi guys, I am thinking of getting either one of these games. Which is better? Which has more replay value? Oh yeah, if I go with Motion-X Poker, should I get the first one or Motion-X Poker Quest?

Last edited by stanny; 02-04-2009 at 07:47 AM.
02-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Go with poker quest the temples add lot of replay value.

02-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Yahtzee Adventures is much more deep and has several different game modes, not to mention you can play two players on the same device. I have both and Yahtzee Adventures has tons more replay value.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
02-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Motion-X Poker was one of my first buys. I was totally blown away by the reality of the rolling dice. The graphics are fab, and there are loads of unlockable dice and boards. Once I had unlocked them though, the game faded for me. I just bought Yahtzee Adventures, to bring back some old memories, and I am equally blown away, but for different reasons. There is an Adventure mode, where you play against different characters from all over the world, as well single player against the AI, or your friends. Also, there are a bunch of different twists to the original Yahtzee rules which keep it from getting dull.

If I had to choose again, I would go with Yahtzee. Hope that helps

Last edited by Alichan; 02-04-2009 at 07:59 AM.
02-04-2009, 11:00 AM
These are two of my most played apps over time.

Motion-X poker was one of the first games I bought. I have never bought the sequel to it though, so not sure if that is a lot better. I still play this game, if not every day, at least a few times a week and think it is the best game when you have like 4 minutes while waiting on someone, or standing in line, etc.

Yahtzee Adventures is also a favorite game of mine, and with the variety of different modes I tend to never get bored with it.

So that was no help at all

My answer is both? heh.

Actually I would say for long term value and for multiplayer ability, Yahtzee Adventures probably has the best value of the two.
02-04-2009, 11:06 AM
I want real dice in Yatzee Adventures. It is a dice game after all.
02-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Send a message via AIM to s0mah Send a message via Yahoo to s0mah
Once you take the 15 mandatory minutes to beat Yahtzee's Adventure Mode, you'll probably never play the game again.

twitter @ here
teh myspace @ &here
02-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Hrm Yahtzee seem to be the more popular choice. But man, it's EA and they never update their games and seem to have a don't care attitude. Still considering carefully. Would love to get both but really only have room for one.
02-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanny View Post
Hrm Yahtzee seem to be the more popular choice. But man, it's EA and they never update their games and seem to have a don't care attitude. Still considering carefully. Would love to get both but really only have room for one.
...yeah, but Yahtzee is in no need of any up-dates. It's complete already. SimCity.....now that's another kettle of fish
02-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alichan View Post
...yeah, but Yahtzee is in no need of any up-dates. It's complete already. SimCity.....now that's another kettle of fish
Yeah, it's fairly stable but I did experience the odd crash. I'd say once every 5 hours or so, and it could have easily been something else on my phone or low memory.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2