★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Meet OddBlob: the groovy clay dude who loves to bounce! Help OddBlob bound across the squishy maze to grab bonuses, chomp fruit, and win points as quickly as he can as the chasing tiles disappear behind. Watch out for bounce and double bounce tiles that can help you reach your goal or throw you through the gaps to impending peril below! Cake slices earn you a try at the cake or doom mini-puzzle, the more bounces you make to get the cake, the bigger the bonus!

Features:

2 fun game modes: Panic make your way across the level as the disappearing tiles chase you across the board, and Strategy select the best route collecting as many points as you can along the way!
OddBlob has been lovingly created entirely of clay each colorful tile, fruit, planet, and cake was created by hand!
Animated clay backgrounds with planets and shooting stars, fluffy clouds, and gloopy swamps
4 levels of difficulty
Groovy music soundtrack
Includes fun awards and achievements.
Suitable for kids and adults too!
03-02-2010, 01:05 AM
From devs of Platypus. Noone interested?

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

03-02-2010, 01:12 AM

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

Last edited by Prab; 03-02-2010 at 01:31 AM.
03-02-2010, 01:30 AM
I think OddBlob looks fantastic, and Handmark have some excellent past titles backing this

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
03-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Hi Everyone

We're really pleased to see OddBlob released!

On the subject of Platypus - that game is based on the original PC game created by Anthony Flack a few years back. OddBlob is a new title created entirely in-house by our team at Astraware. They do have a similar look - we're massive fans of Platypus - but this is the first time we've used clay for graphics ourselves. Check out more details on our Facebook...

We've posted a 'making of' blog:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/astraw...b/362705884578

along with some photos:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5772510&ref=mf

Last edited by Astraware; 03-02-2010 at 07:03 AM.
03-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Oh and Astraware's QA Manager PaulK is currently topping the leaderboard on both game modes. We know he's had lots of practice, but can anyone top his scores?
03-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Was anybody else totally distracted by the hands in the gameplay video? lol

I had to watch a second time just to figure out what was going on in the game.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
03-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Was anybody else totally distracted by the hands in the gameplay video? lol

I had to watch a second time just to figure out what was going on in the game.
Yes, the black nail polish was a little distracting. However, the game looks pretty good, so I will probably check it out.
03-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Saw this thread early this morning and picked up the game, and I'm SO glad I did! As the video suggests, the visual presentation is fantastic; I'm a huge fan of clay modeling, especially when it's done properly, and in Oddblob's case, it most certainly is -- this game is just FUN to look at. The gameplay is equally enjoyable; both the weight and movement of the character are spot-on, and the variety of gameplay elements keeps things interesting. The inclusion of a diagonal jump was an EXCELLENT move (har har) on the part of the developers, so hats off to you guys for thinking to incorporate it. The music is great, and the sound effects are absolutely KILLER, but the game does offer the option of turning one or both of them off, as well as allowing you to play music from your iPod. The settings also offer a tutorial mode, as well as four selectable levels of difficulty (I haven't spent enough time with the game yet to know how the latter affects gameplay, but I hope to soon). Exiting the game during play automatically pauses the current round, and restarting brings you back to that point with the options of resuming, abandoning, or going to the settings.

Bottom line: This should be your next purchase at the App Store.

Excellent job with this one, fellas!