★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Games to Play in Class/Work

02-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Games to Play in Class/Work

This thread was inspired by the "On the toilet" thread, because it got me thinking about where I really do the majority of my gaming. Working a full time job and taking a full load of graduate classes can be rather taxing on time, so in order to get my much needed gaming time in something has to give.

Since I have class three nights a week, and with work being pretty busy, I find myself playing games in class more than anywhere else! (Paying attention to the teacher comes in a close second ) Since the majority of the time I'm forced to put down my iPhone and write/listen, the games I play are mainly pick-up and go games.

What games do you play while at work/in class
I'm going to be purchasing a few new games and I'm looking for some good suggestions

Here is a list of the games I currently play in class:

Textropolis
Stitchem'
Theseus
Bobby Carrot
Final Fantasy:Crystal Defense
Combination
Wordsworth (As per suggested from a previous thread, totally worth the buy)

I'm thinking about purchasing Vay, I have beaten the majority of RPG's from the Appstore, but i'm just not sure if the game is worth it.

What you're work/class playlist? (And don't pretend you don't play your games on someone else's time, I know you do)

If you don't play your games in work/class, where do you find the best place (other than on the toilet, we all know thats number one) to play is?

Last edited by Seien; 02-04-2009 at 10:49 AM.
02-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Try these non-accelerometer based titles:

Lux Touch - Free
Edge - $5.99
iShoot - $2.99
Pigs A Popn - .99

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

Last edited by BulletDev; 02-04-2009 at 10:46 AM.

02-04-2009, 10:47 AM
I play

Monkey Ball
Brain Challenge
Tanzen (I play this ALL the time, I swear this game has given me ADD)
Textropolis
Aurora Feint
Sudoku
Dots free

with another person:

Dots free
Four free
FSS Hockey

I don't know why so many people hate Monkey Ball, sure it's hard but once you get past the Second stage you'll know how to control the iPhone.
02-04-2009, 10:47 AM
iDice would probably suit you well. It is a yahtzee clone, so it easy to put down (well, minus the addiction factor) to take notes then pick back up and continue playing. It is 99
02-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Send a message via AIM to s0mah Send a message via Yahoo to s0mah
Slotz kills it with the one handed gameplay. Also, any TD on unlimited mode is gg as well.

ps

This msg was composed in a PHY lab.

twitter @ here
teh myspace @ &here
02-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Smiles.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
02-04-2009, 11:00 AM
I guess it all depends on how obvious you want to be. Word games like Stitch 'em, Textropolis, Wurdle and serious thought needed games like Theseasus or Reign of Swords would be least obvious. Then again Vay is quite easy to be unnoticed by as well. But you could be a little more obvious with td such as creeps which use a little of the tilt controls. Or you could be really gutsy and play blue attack or hero of Sparta and play it off as "I'm texting my friend but I need total concentration inorder to do this." But I doubt you will do that at first. Go with a word game or a simple touch based game.
Ps I post you via my iPhone at work so please forgive any grammatical errors.
02-04-2009, 11:32 AM
I play Fieldrunners a lot, any of the puzzle games, and even Touchgrind.
02-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
As of now i'm thinking I might pick up iDice, edge, and of course vay. Class is approaching quickly; I need something to keep me entertained!
02-04-2009, 02:49 PM
No doubt, Vay is a solid choice, it's the first application I purchased when I got the iPod Touch and the only application I planned to buy before even getting it.

I play Jabeh and Gemmed when in class sometimes.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc