★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Neurosis is becoming a free game app! If the game doesn't appear as free to you right now, wait a day and try again. We are so thankful for the folks that have tried the game and welcome new folks that would like to enjoy the free download while the app is still up in the AppStore. (Our Apple license for distribution will end SOON - on August 11th - so please download it before it disappears!)

Thanks again and be sure to check out the website if you have any questions.
http://www.robotswapmeet.com/Neurosis/Neurosis.html

---------------------------------------

What do reviewers think?

"I found this to be a really fun puzzler that has a nice twist to the normal connection type games. The graphics, animations, and sound effects are great. The menu system is very intuitive and the achievement system is very well done. Neurosis is easily worth the $1.99 price and will keep you happily playing for a long time!"
- Todd Casey @ Indie Appolis (http://indieappolis.com/neurosis/)

"Puzzle games are ubiquitous on the App Store but this one really stands out from the rest."
- iPhoneGamerBlog (http://iphonegamerblog.com/2010/03/11/neurosis-review-for-the-iphone-and-ipod-touch/)

-------------------------------------------
Our description:

Insanely fun! You'll rack your brain planning your next move. In this puzzle game, the initial goal may seem simple enough; connect as many green puzzle pieces as you can without too many reds to pass the level. Easy, right?! But try to get all three extra achievements on each level, and it will drive you crazy! With 100 different levels, there are hours of entertainment in Neurosis.

Puzzler and strategy lovers can start rejoicing. A simple map of primary colors lay the foundation for each of the 100 levels. However, that's where the similarities between levels end. Every level has a unique and increasingly challenging layout, designed to turn your brain inside out trying to solve the primary goal and the 3 achievements that are hiding in plain sight.

Music lovers can get in on the act as well. Neurosis comes with 3 songs specially crafted by United State of Electronica band member, Jason Holstrom, that really put you into the game. If you have your own playlists on your device that you can't live without, you can listen to your own library while you play, as well.

Do you have competitive puzzlers in your family or friends? You can have multiple users saved in Neurosis with each of them tracked and sortable by progress. You can see the rankings of your local users as each person goes through the game at their own pace, or you can push ahead of the group and obtain glorious bragging rights.

Can you handle Neurosis? We think so. :)

RobotDev's comments:
Hi All,

I'm the developer for Neurosis, a strategy/puzzle game. I work for Robot Swap Meet and we are a small development shop trying out the iPhone as our first platform.

Update 1: Now at version 1.1 and on sale for $0.99!! (There's also a Lite version now for those that like to try before they buy.)

Update 2: A YouTube video

Youtube link | Pop Up

03-04-2010, 02:27 AM
congrats!

03-04-2010, 02:28 AM
Thanks! It's been a wild ride getting to this point.
04-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Bumping the thread as Neurosis has a version bump and a sale going on right now. I've editted the top post with the new information.

robotswapmeet.com - First game Neurosis and Neurosis Lite (puzzle/strategy game)
04-18-2010, 11:28 AM
A YouTube video is available to see the gameplay.

video

robotswapmeet.com - First game Neurosis and Neurosis Lite (puzzle/strategy game)
04-18-2010, 11:42 AM
In a puzzle buying mood, so just picked this up. No time to play until later, but will give impressions then.
04-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDev View Post
A YouTube video is available to see the gameplay.
cool, dev embedded the video in the original post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

Last edited by Devilishly Good; 04-19-2010 at 09:30 AM.
04-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Tried the lite and it is a great puzzle game. The user set up is really nice, offering three player profiles. Overall there is a lot of polish to this game and I love the music.
04-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
embedded
Thanks DG, I've modified my main post to include the embedded version instead of just a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Tried the lite and it is a great puzzle game. The user set up is really nice, offering three player profiles. Overall there is a lot of polish to this game and I love the music.
I'm glad to see that folks are enjoying the Lite version. The limitations on the Lite version are few and it should have 2-3 hours of game play. My estimates for the full version are somewhere around 20 hours to complete it, with 10x the levels and 3 additional achievement types thrown into the mix. Unfortunately, the Lite version really only supports a single player profile and the full game supports unlimited profiles.

For those that really love the music, we have the full versions of the 3 songs in the game for free download to your personal music library (or just previewing it for those that haven't heard it). The music was done by Jason Holstrom of U.S.E. and Wonderful and it was fun working with him on the project.