Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-04-2010, 03:50 AM
arn's Avatar
arn arn is offline
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,410
Default Radio Flare Redux


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-04-2010, 03:57 AM
goiMot goiMot is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,095
Default

awesome!


Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up



Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-04-2010, 04:03 AM
Gabrien Gabrien is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,148
Default

Interested but, could we please have a little less cool video that shows a little more of the gameplay?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-04-2010, 05:35 AM
martinpi martinpi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Interested but, could we please have a little less cool video that shows a little more of the gameplay?
Here's our newest. Less cool + more gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/v/1HstHTPWY2Y
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Hitch Hitch is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Lonely Island
Posts: 1,238
Default

Ahhh!... I want it, but the first one kinda burnt me out... What's tied to the music? Shooting and movement?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-04-2010, 08:36 AM
martinpi martinpi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Ahhh!... I want it, but the first one kinda burnt me out... What's tied to the music? Shooting and movement?
Shooting, enemy movement & shooting, background effects and some of the pickups are tied to the music. And a whole lot more. Your ship's movement is of course free.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-04-2010, 09:29 AM
BazookaTime's Avatar
BazookaTime BazookaTime is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,960
Default

I really don't understand how this game works but I love the look of the game. I will probably just pick it up and hope it is a game that is easy to play.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Bad Hanson Bad Hanson is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Westcountry UK
Posts: 508
Default

I wish they had given us the option to use the accelerator, with calibration for movement. I have lost quite a few lives dying because my finger got in the way or when I was readjusting the placement of my thumb (when you take your thumb off the screen your targetting does not work) kinda takes you out of the 'synaesthesic flow'. Not a bad game, I'm not slamming it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Devilishly Good Devilishly Good is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 9,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinpi View Post
Here's our newest. Less cool + more gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/v/1HstHTPWY2Y
embedded:


Youtube link | Pop Up


...also wanted to say that I beta tested this and thoroughly enjoyed it...there are a lot of worlds to unlock and the gameplay was very fun to me

Last edited by Devilishly Good; 03-04-2010 at 09:34 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-04-2010, 09:33 AM
CzarCastic CzarCastic is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hanson View Post
I wish they had given us the option to use the accelerator, with calibration for movement. I have lost quite a few lives dying because my finger got in the way or when I was readjusting the placement of my thumb (when you take your thumb off the screen your targetting does not work) kinda takes you out of the 'synaesthesic flow'. Not a bad game, I'm not slamming it.
This is a huge issue for me. I'm not a small dude. My thumbs take up a lot of real estate on the screen. I have a lot of difficulty with games where precision finger movement makes a difference to the gameplay. Will wait for more impressions before purchasing. Thanks for the heads-up.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent