★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: See what the critics are talking about!

"I had a blast playing PaD, the story was compelling and kept bringing me back to find out what was going to happen to our hero. The gameplay is original and keeps you thinking, and once you beat the game you can try your skills against a friend with a pass and play duel."
- Brad H., iPhone App Reviews.net

IT TAKES A KEEN MIND TO WIN A BATTLE OF PISTOLS AT DAWN! Out-think your opponent in this entirely new style of gameplay in which you carefully balance your aim before firing your fatal bullet! Progress through the fun and engrossing storyline that has you fighting for love, money and power. Challenge your friends to a one-on-one duel to see who is more worthy!

freedog's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-04-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm intrigued but, even with stopping and slowing the video down I can't makes heads or tails of the actual gameplay.

Could the devs and or a braver soul than I explain the basic gameplay? It looks like it might be a fun strategy puzzle/card game but maybe I'm totally misreading stuff.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

03-04-2010, 06:57 PM
It looks as though there are blue and yellow cursors inside the circle, and where you place the orbs determines how far each cursor moves and in which direction. the number determines the degree that the cursor moves.

I'm not sure what the black orbs do. Damage maybe? Looks like an intriguing concept, though.
03-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolite View Post
It looks as though there are blue and yellow cursors inside the circle, and where you place the orbs determines how far each cursor moves and in which direction. the number determines the degree that the cursor moves.

I'm not sure what the black orbs do. Damage maybe? Looks like an intriguing concept, though.
Ohh, cool, ding ding ding!

Looking at 0:39-0:41 I think I see that each turn you nudge yours or the opponent's cursor as well as some cute special moves/effects one can purchase from the shop.

My iTunes Reviews
03-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Is this worth the $3.99 (AU) waiting for someone to give some impressions
03-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletGoose View Post
Is this worth the $3.99 (AU) waiting for someone to give some impressions
I did end up getting this game up. I'll be posting impressions soon, but I only played 20 mins worth so I wanna get a little further first. So far though, its pretty cool in a unique way.
03-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
I did end up getting this game up. I'll be posting impressions soon, but I only played 20 mins worth so I wanna get a little further first. So far though, its pretty cool in a unique way.
I like the concept but without a score or statistics I'm not really interested, just my own issues I fully admit.

My iTunes Reviews
03-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Game Impressions

I have been playing this game for a couple of days now.
How it works is the little tokens move your aim. One colour is to move your aim, the other your opponent's, the black ones move both.
The object being to keep your aim on the character while trying to get your opponents off by the time all the spaces are filled.
The first few levels are fairly easy, by as your get further the AI gets better.
You also get special points for placing number in groups or in straights. Then the points can be used to buy special powers like traps and extra movements.
It is quite fun, and a nice change from the same old games you see littered through out the app store. The illustrations are well done as well.
There is a free version out now if you want to give it a try, but it is worth the 3 bucks. I would give it 4 stars
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pistols-at-dawn-free/id360713381?mt=8
03-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyGamer View Post
I have been playing this game for a couple of days now.
How it works is the little tokens move your aim. One colour is to move your aim, the other your opponent's, the black ones move both.
The object being to keep your aim on the character while trying to get your opponents off by the time all the spaces are filled.
The first few levels are fairly easy, by as your get further the AI gets better.
You also get special points for placing number in groups or in straights. Then the points can be used to buy special powers like traps and extra movements.
It is quite fun, and a nice change from the same old games you see littered through out the app store. The illustrations are well done as well.
There is a free version out now if you want to give it a try, but it is worth the 3 bucks. I would give it 4 stars
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pistols-at-dawn-free/id360713381?mt=8
With this review I grabbed the free game and while I really like this system, I'm hating that it is scoreless/statless and all about the story which means little replay value, IMHO.

My iTunes Reviews