★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Survey on dual stick shooter

03-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Survey on dual stick shooter

Hey all,
I'm doing a survey for my school newspaper. Considering a good portion of my school has iDevices, I figured it would be iDevice related. And of course, I'd get my results from the best site of em all, TA. So here's my question to you:

What's your favorite dual stick shooter and why?
AND
What's your LEAST favorite dual stick shooter and why?

Thanks a bunch guys, this is a real help and will hopefully get me the A.
03-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGH94 View Post
Hey all,
I'm doing a survey for my school newspaper. Considering a good portion of my school has iDevices, I figured it would be iDevice related. And of course, I'd get my results from the best site of em all, TA. So here's my question to you:

What's your favorite dual stick shooter and why?
AND
What's your LEAST favorite dual stick shooter and why?

Thanks a bunch guys, this is a real help and will hopefully get me the A.
fav? Minigore because of updates, features, graphics, replayibilty, and fanbase.

least fav?

Daisy Mae....because its like a sicko's dual stick shoooter

The Life Blog
Minecraft

03-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Fav minigore least fav alive 4-ever
03-04-2010, 09:18 PM
As far as the dual controls themselves, Meteor Blitz takes the cake; no other dual stick has gotten near them, and the game is fun too [if only it had OF ] As for a game...Hmm..I guess Minigore because of the recent updates.
03-04-2010, 09:24 PM
can't say because I don't have any of these I can only think of iDracula and Dropship. I don't even have minigore o:
03-04-2010, 09:27 PM
My favorite is GeoFighter. I'm not big on DSS, but it has a lot more to offer than MiniGore. MiniGore is my least favorite. I absolutely have no idea what people see in it. It has one map, 3 weapons, like 4 enemies... and that's it. I got bored after about 2 hours of it. I regret that $1.99.
03-04-2010, 09:38 PM
... aren't you trying to hide the fact that you spend time on TA? This would be somewhat a blow to your cover if someone decides to probe further.
03-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Favorite is Minigore. Great graphics and something that just keeps you coming back. Plus next episode is amazing .

Least would be Gremlin Empire. It is so bad In gameplay, graphics, and at life (its that bad) that it is the only Dual Stick I have ever deleted and I own over 35.

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
03-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
... aren't you trying to hide the fact that you spend time on TA? This would be somewhat a blow to your cover if someone decides to probe further.
I really don't care. A lot of my friends comment on the main page. Actually, a lot of people at my school know this site, no one visits the forums.
03-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Favorite, probably iDracula. I know it's old, no story, etc, but for whatever reason it's the one I keep coming back to. As for why? I like the controls, atmosphere, sound, graphics/etc. I also like the way it flows (for lack of a better word). Maybe I'm just used to it?

Least favorite, unfortunately probably Guerrilla Bob. I'm not saying it's a bad game or anything, and it controls really well. There's just something about it that didn't... come together properly for me.