★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Fox Vs Duck is a beautiful and original micro-game for iPhone and iPod Touch.

Use the tilt sensor to lead your Ducks to safety whilst avoiding the hungry Fox - you'll need all your skill and cunning to survive!

Experience addictive, hypnotic gameplay in a stunningly elegant zen environment.

Then join the rest of the world in saving the Ducks as your collaborative scores are recorded online - and become a part of the freshest game on the App Store!

How many can you save?

--------------------------------------
"If you are a fan of games like Doodle Jump, where you play quick rounds to compete against social scoreboards then this game will grab your attention." -
AppAdvice.com

"It is independent developers as much as big companies that are driving mobile gaming forwards, and Fox Vs Duck is a great example of the sort of innovative, affordable titles these one-man bands are producing." - 4/5 The Times.

"If you like peculiar atmospheres, ambient music, or David Lynch films, Fox Vs Duck is probably going to haunt you just a little." - TheMacFeed

"Like the best iPhone games, it's simple but addictive." - Gizmodo

"this is one bold, cunning and daring gem worth experiencing."
- gamesuncovered
--------------------------------------

====================================
FEATURES:
====================================
- Simplicity and beauty.
- Perfect diversion in a busy world.
- Instantly addictive gameplay.
- Collaborative online score for all the ducks saved worldwide!
- Hauntingly beautiful music and sound.
- Online scores with OpenFeint scoreboards.

PLAY, FOR DUCK'S SAKE.

Upcoming Update: More OpenFeint Achievements and graphical Shizzles!

Use these links to keep up to date with news and other amusing thoughts on Fox Vs Duck and also MiniSquadron, the critically acclaimed action game from Studio FungFung - winner of the IMG Excellence in Gameplay Award and IGF Mobile Award nominee, along with 7 nominations in the BestAppEver 2009 Awards!

www.FoxVsDuck.com
twitter.com/mrfungfung

goiMot's comments:

03-04-2010, 11:10 PM
The art style is pretty awesome. But wow.. thats one eerie video lol

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

Last edited by Prab; 03-04-2010 at 11:14 PM.

03-04-2010, 11:11 PM
I love mini-squadron and have probably played it more than any other game on my phone. I dare say its my favorite. But I don't know what to say about this... Are there any game play vids?

Developer: Doodle Army, Cannon Siege, Pocket Kite, Globs, Zombie Road Rage, and Flip the Bird
Check Doodle Army thread for updates on the next Doodle Army game!
New Game: Crash Cart

Last edited by iPhoneGlobs; 03-04-2010 at 11:14 PM.
03-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Well I picked this up because I really liked their last game. I am not really sure how I feel about it as it is a lot more simple of a game than I thought it would be.

The art style is cool and unique and the tilt controls work fine. The game just fills a little thin to me but maybe I just need to play it more. Openfeint is used, which is nice.

Gameplay...a chick drops from the sky in to a small pond. You tilt to get the chick out of the pond before a fish eats it. However, you have a fox that circles the pond wanting to kill the chick as well. The pond layout changes with rocks ect. Blocking your options for escape. There are also some powerups to give you more time.

Cool style, especially the red blood on the white back drop but I guess I expected more.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 03-04-2010 at 11:52 PM.
03-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Well I picked this up because I really liked their last game. I am not really sure how I feel about it as it is a lot more simple of a game than I thought it would be.

The art style is cool and unique and the tilt controls work fine. The game just fills a little thin to me but maybe I just need to play it more. Openfeint is used, which is nice.
Care to explain more about the gameplay?

Twitter: @bgribin
03-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgribin View Post
Care to explain more about the gameplay?
Yes...sorry, I just added it to my post. Right now I am typing this on my touch which is a pain.
03-05-2010, 12:00 AM
It's out, sweet! An easy pickup for me.

Game Center/OpenFeint/XBL Gamertag: Chrono Gear
Twitter/Plus+/AGON/Scoreloop/PSN ID: ChronoGear
I'm now a writer at No DPad!
IUGO VIP Code: 20752
03-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Alright I caved. It's not bad but very simple and casual. Simple as in basic and straightforward.

You tilt the device to get ducks out of the pond, while avoiding the fox running around the border of the lake, as well as a fish, rocks, and lillipads. There are 2 modes - but they're pretty similar.

It's fun but don't go expecting a ton. I like the graphical style but the calibration seems off at times. When I tilt too far down, the duck suddenly goes in the opposite direction. Weird!

All in all, take a look if you're interested. Videos should start popping up soon.

(sorry I didn't provide more detail, just posting from my phone)

03-05-2010, 12:38 AM
Me again.

I just played a couple more rounds - I really wish the calibration were better. The duck seems to go in the wrong direction at times and I wish there was a "reset to default" option under the calibration settings. All in all, it seems like there's room for improvement with the calibration.

03-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Not quite sure what to make of this. I think if games were art, this'd be the kind of piece where you'd have one guy write a thesis on its minimalistic approach at expounding on the futility of being in modern society, while another guy would just go "dude, it's like, just some squiggly lines..."

So, "Zen?" Or just a pretty average mini-game?

I'm leaning toward the latter thus far. Though I am perfectly willing to play a handful more levels to give that epiphany a fair chance to hit home...