★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Burnstar turns up the heat in this addictively fun and frenetic puzzle game. Over 100 levels ignite your reflexes with challenges from smoldering puzzles to blazing sprints. Evade the Robot sentries and blast any obstacle in your way using the pyrotechnic tools of your trade.

To save the world from the tyranny of Evil Industrial, Inc. Burnstar must think his way through a multitude of traps, tricks and fire scorched hazards laid down by enemy AI robots and foil their evil plan. The EI Corporate Office wont halt its assault until Burnstar is extinguished!

freedog's comments:

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/burnstar-free/id358602868?mt=8

Quote:
Features:
* Over 100 challenging puzzle levels, including 14 tutorial scenarios
* 3 unique weapons for blasting barriers or AI opponents
* Score totals for each level - go try again to improve your high score!
* Four player profiles so friends can play their own campaigns
* Intuitive touch & drag interaction
* Clear-cut objectives and puzzles ablaze with fun!
Nerve Software
http://www.nervesoftware.com/burnstar/
Quote:
Nerve Software is a Dallas-based independent developer focused on the production of superior video gaming. The company is committed to the creation of visually engaging worlds and exciting gameplay for a variety of platforms.

Nerve’s releases include Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War for Xbox, DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil for the PC and Xbox, as well as the 2006 release of the classic original DOOM for Xbox 360.
03-05-2010, 01:24 AM
At first I thought the game is a match-3, but its supposed to be some kind of puzzle adventure I think?

Edit: there is a lite version to try; Added the link to the first post.

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

03-05-2010, 01:36 AM
Looks like one of those games that could go either way, its either real good or its total crap. I'll probably try the lite out later.
03-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Im playing through the tutorial in the lite. Its a pretty good game actually.

What happens is that you play as a masked fellow whose task is to set everything on fire. The tutorial starts you with small boxes (yellow) that just burns similarly small boxes next to it, but you slowly have to manage bigger boxes with bigger explosive radius (up to 2 tiles away). There are other game elements (from the screens I see in appshopper) like launchers, robots, etc. Depending on the combos you make and how fast you clear the screen, your points will be higher.

In a way, its a little like bomberman, but not really. But really, just try the lite and you will see what I mean and hopefully you'll like the game.

All the artwork in the game is pretty amazing, well, all except how the tiles themselves look. Its a bit flat to me (e.g. the green leafy stuff on the background of the levels).

Last edited by Prab; 03-05-2010 at 02:05 AM.
03-05-2010, 02:05 AM
so it sounds good in an action sense but is there any touch of plot/story to go with it? I'll give it a shot today.
03-05-2010, 02:12 AM
No plot. Just a guy burning stuff level after level lol

Its a good game, but not great. Lite definitely worth trying though

03-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Not to be a contrarian, but "guy burning stuff" is like my all-time favorite plot ever. Just saying.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
03-05-2010, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Not to be a contrarian, but "guy burning stuff" is like my all-time favorite plot ever. Just saying.
You're in luck, he blows things up too

03-05-2010, 02:59 PM
been playing this for a while there's tons of levels! the backgrounds change in the full version and puzzles get pretty hard. after a while they even introduce new block types.

definitely worth a look!
03-05-2010, 03:11 PM
I tried the lite, and it's just ok, very easy and flat. Not challenging enough.