★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: FizzPow
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 21.3 MB
  • Version: 1.58
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.9 (7)
App description: ** Currently 50% OFF! **

Featured by Apple in "New & Noteworthy" and "What's Hot". Won the FAAD Silver Award.

BowQuest: PandaMania! in the charts:
USA Reached: #6 Overall, #5 All Games, #4 Action, #3 Arcade
Reached #1 in: Australia, Mexico, Norway, Denmark, Malaysia, and many others!

Tired of Castle Defense? Tired of Tower Defense? Try Bow Defense! BowQuest is truly genre defining.

What the critics are saying:

PandaMania is an awesome game, that every iDevice owner should own! Fans of TD games, check it out! - Appmodo.com

The game has a great gameplay premise, and the execution on that premise is fantastic. A good variety of enemies forces players to use different strategies; spear-throwing baddies must be dealt with quickly, and knights with shields must be hit from certain angles. - Gamepro's iPhone Games of The Week

An evil thief has stolen your Fu Manchu right off your face, but lucky for you, youre the most talented bowman in all the land. Use your superb archery skills to punish the evil bandits once and for all. Liberate villages all across the world, and let the bandits know that they messed with the wrong Panda!

BowQuest features:
- Intense arcade-style action
- Progressive and hilarious storyline
- 50 challenging and unique levels
- Levels span 5 diverse lands
- Clever and unique BOSS fights!
- Numerous upgrades!

What people are saying:

Played for over an hour now. Very few iPhone games even pass the 10 minutes mark for me before I'm done. Only getting better... loving it! - scfr8

I have put five or so hours into this game and have yet to get bored. I love earning coins and upgrading my arrows. I am nowhere near maxing everything out yet. - BazookaTime

This game is great. I love it. I am a TD lover and anyone else that is as well need this one for their collection, the stages are re-playable. And with 3 save slots and difficulties there is something for everyone. I don't think this price will last long, As this is worth 4.99! Don't kick yourself later when the price goes up, pick it up now. - Sxethang

This game is RIDICULOUS! I picked it up and couldn't put it back down. In fact, all I can think about right now is HOW BAD I WANT TO PICK IT UP AND PLAY IT AGAIN -- AAAUUUGH!!! - K76

This game is pretty cool. The graphics are cool, the gameplay is smooth and it's addicting. This one will be on my iPod for a while. - broeken

So take aim, bowmaster! Destroy the horde of baddies to regain your honor and recover your Fu Manchu!

goiMot's comments:

03-05-2010, 01:01 PM
This looks like fun!

03-05-2010, 01:30 PM
I might pick this up. It looks like you shoot the arrow in a similar way to Bloons which I like.
03-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Okay I picked this up.

First off there are three game slots and three levels of difficulty. Graphics are polished and the short start up comic gives you the reason for the adventure.

The basics are that you stand the top of a tower and (like bloons) you pull a direction arrow out and then release to shoot the arrow. A shadow of your last shot remains, so that you can adjust your next shot.

Graphics are nice, clouds roll by in the back ground as the enemies come towards your tower. With each hit you build up a meter that allows you to unleash a super attack. The longer you wait the more powerful the attack will be.

At the end of a level your stats are displayed and you get a star rating. I have only played about ten minutes so far but I am impressed.

EDIT:After you beat a level a world map comes up and you can go to the next area. You have the chance to upgrade your arrows after each level and can go back and replay levels to earn more gold.

EDIT 2:Put a good hour into this and love it. This is a really good game. As you start to upgrade your arrows and your tower the game really takes off. You are able to shoot faster and hit harder depending on what power up you select. The powerups are located at the bottome of the screen and you simple tap on one to use it. Each powerup takes a certain amount of time to refill. Another cool thing is that your big attack that build up as you hit things, will go away (slowly) if you are missing the targets. This is a good idea, so you just don't fire for the hell of it. The bad guys are getting tougher and I am starting to see different characters.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 03-05-2010 at 03:14 PM.
03-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Okay I picked this up...
Thanks for the review!
03-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Just been playing this and in my opinion one of a the best games on the ipod/iphone great graphics and controls and tons of fun best game ive played in awhile
03-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Finished the fist level. This game is pretty cool. The graphics are cool, the gameplay is smooth and it's addicting. This one will be on my iPod for a while.
03-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Just been playing this and in my opinion one of a the best games on the ipod/iphone great graphics and controls and tons of fun best game ive played in awhile
Agreed. This looks like it might be the next big hit. I hope so, I always loved these types of arrow games in flash, but every version for the iphone I downloaded left me wanting.

Finally a really awesome bow and arrow game, and its even got a cute story

Very polished.
03-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Game Impressions

Picked this one up - love bow/shooting games. Having a ton of fun with it. I thought it would be a typical endless waves of things to shoot kinda game. It does have lots to shoot at but also has a story, bosses, combos, power-ups, bonuses, upgrades. What's not to love!?

I think we'll be seeing this one climb the charts.
03-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Played for over an hour now. Very few iphone games pass the 10 minutes mark for me before I'm done. Only getting better... loving it!

Last edited by scfr8; 03-06-2010 at 11:14 AM.