★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tap Studio PRO sale! $0.99!

03-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Tap Studio PRO sale! $0.99!

We're putting Tap Studio PRO (as well as the PRO Upgrade available in the free version of Tap Studio) on sale for $0.99 for a limited time.

Thanks for your continued support!

Drop D Studios LLC www.dropdstudios.com Facebook Twitter
Developers of Tap Studio 3 HD, Tap Studio 3 PRO, Tap Studio 3, the original Tap Studio and more!
03-05-2010, 01:39 PM
I've seen this and been considering, now that's it's only $0.99 I will give it much more consideration. If you own the app, could you give me any feedback and whether you like/hate it?

03-05-2010, 01:43 PM
I wonder where all those comments in the app description came from since they don't include credits.
And this is just a clone of Beatrider, except it's much easier since it only has three tap tracks instead of five. Though at least they didn't claim to be the first app to allow custom music rhythm creation... I remember there was another app a long time ago that claimed to be the first ever app to do that, when it came out months after Beatrider. Lol.
03-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
I wonder where all those comments in the app description came from since they don't include credits.
And this is just a clone of Beatrider, except it's much easier since it only has three tap tracks instead of five. Though at least they didn't claim to be the first app to allow custom music rhythm creation... I remember there was another app a long time ago that claimed to be the first ever app to do that, when it came out months after Beatrider. Lol.
Except Beatrider wasnt the first app to do that either...

DEFY THE COSMOS!
03-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
The comments in the app description are all from user reviews in iTunes. Most of them are from a while ago, but you can find them if you dig deep enough. We left off credits simply to shorten the overall description, not to deceive anyone.

Tap Studio was indeed the first app to allow you to tap to any music you happen to have on your iPod touch or iPhone at any time. We were also the first app to allow you to create taps for your own songs right on your own device. There is no need to choose songs on your PC to upload to a server to be processed and then played later.

Beatrider is a great game, but we did come with a new and unique angle.

There are nearly 19,000 song taps in the Tap Vault now! Something for everyone (nearly!).

Developers of Tap Studio 3 HD, Tap Studio 3 PRO, Tap Studio 3, the original Tap Studio and more!
03-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Just picked it up and I'm really enjoying it, nice app.
03-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Is there a chance of adding more taps? Some songs just don't work with only three.
03-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino View Post
Just picked it up and I'm really enjoying it, nice app.
Glad to hear you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioman619 View Post
Is there a chance of adding more taps? Some songs just don't work with only three.
A 4th rail is on our list of things to do for sure. Not sure yet when this feature will get in a release though.

03-07-2010, 08:26 PM
@Aurora:

You clearly have NO idea what you're talking about. Tap Studio is different from BeatRider. In BeatRider the game creates the tap notes for you based on some data of the song (meta data, bit rate, etc), which often results in sucky tap notes. Tap Tap is much better in that genre as each tap notes is crafted to a particular song, not randomly generated on the fly. In Tap Studio we create our own notes by tapping it along with the song.

At least know what you're talking about before bashing an app because otherwise you sound like an idiot.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
03-10-2010, 01:16 PM
By the way, we've topped over 20,000 song taps in the Tap Vault!

We want to say thanks to all our PRO users for their great contributions for everyone to enjoy!