★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Arcane Clash - new TCG/CCG by ByteGlow

03-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Arcane Clash - new TCG/CCG by ByteGlow (beta invitation)

Hello Touch Arcade!

We've been working on a TCG/CCG for the iPhone and iPod Touch for quite a while now, and it's time to show it to some new people. We thought we'd do this by inviting some players into a closed beta for the game.

If you're interested in helping us test, please fill out the form here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/view...UmgzMzUyQXc6MA

If chosen, you will be contacted by email. We are looking to invite quite a few people, and have plenty of slots left.

Here's some of our card art:

All graphics and GUI-elements (except the card art) are currently temporary placeholders - made by programmers - not graphic artists

That said, here's an in-game screenshot of a game in progress:

The game is inspired by great games like Magic: The Gathering, and people who are familiar with TCGs should have no trouble learning how to play Arcane Clash. We will of course also cater to players new to the genre with friendly tutorials, but they will probably still face a slightly steeper learning curve.

We are launching with 100+ different cards in the first version of the game, and we will have both online multiplayer, as well as offline play versus the AI.
The game will of course have fully featured deckbuilding.
Here's a screenshot of the current deck editor (proper GUI/graphics pending):

And here's our current card browser, with an example of a card in full size with its effect description:

The first phase of the beta will primarily focus on multiplayer testing and game/card balance. While the game also works great over cellular networks, and doesn't send a lot of data during play, we assume most people would still rather play via WiFi. While this build of the beta does include a single player mode, testing this part of the game will be focused on more in a later phase. Thus, if you're more interested in testing the single player part of the game, please indicate so in the application.

We will keep this thread updated, but feel free to join our recently launched public forums at http://www.byteglow.com/forum/ as well.

You can also contact us by email at info[at]byteglow[dot]com, or send us a PM here on this forum.

Thanks for your interest!

www.byteglow.com
Currently working on: Arcane Clash
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/ByteGlow | twitter.com/ArcaneClash

Last edited by ByteGlow; 03-07-2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Added new information
03-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
does this game has a story
or is all about fighting

send the beta form

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games

Last edited by mattll; 03-05-2010 at 02:56 PM.

03-05-2010, 02:55 PM
aaaaa great times when i played mtg. hope this is just as fun.
will be great to be able to play without having to take your 60 card deck around =)
nice card art's btw.
03-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattll View Post
does this game has a story
or is all about fighting
The game will have both CPU/AI duels, as well as a story mode. We don't have details about the length of the story mode yet, but will be announcing more about it once we have more to tell.
As you can see from the backgrounds though, each card is in a given theme (forest, winter etc), which ties directly into the story mode.

www.byteglow.com
03-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Application sent

Games I'm playing currently: Order and Chaos Online Add me!: Mudkipz223 (Mage), Relovan (Monk)
GameCenter ID: Mudkipz223 Steam ID: Relovan
~Games That I'm Beta Testing/Tested~ (13 and counting)
03-06-2010, 06:06 PM
I just added a new screenshot of the card browser and new card art to the original post that might be of interest.

There's also plenty of beta slots left

www.byteglow.com
03-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Application sent, as I said in that, I might not be able to test until Thursday

This is a forum dedicated to figure out what is the best way you can give Steve Jobs your money.
03-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
hope this is more strategic than Moonga..

DEFY THE COSMOS!
03-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RankoSao View Post
hope this is more strategic than Moonga.
Hi,

Yes, there's plenty of strategy in this game

You can fully customize your deck, with 100+ cards to choose from.

There's also three types of cards; Creatures, enchantments and spells, each with different effects that trigger under different conditions.
Effects on spell cards resolve as soon as the card is played, while cards that stay in play can trigger for example when a creature attacks, your turn ends, or a player takes damage.

We also have a dynamic mana system that has you make a choice whether to spend all your remaining mana this round - or save some of it - in order to be able to afford a more expensive card the next round.

www.byteglow.com
03-07-2010, 10:21 PM
I got the beta build today...and it's a great game, I can say it is much more strategic and fun than moonga and the deck building aspect adds some more depth along with the multiplayer.

Games I'm playing currently: Order and Chaos Online Add me!: Mudkipz223 (Mage), Relovan (Monk)
GameCenter ID: Mudkipz223 Steam ID: Relovan
~Games That I'm Beta Testing/Tested~ (13 and counting)