★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What is your favorite leaderboards/achievements app?

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite to see in an app?
OpenFeint 25 58.14%
Plus+ 8 18.60%
Agon 4 9.30%
Crystal 5 11.63%
Other (please comment 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll
03-06-2010, 03:48 PM
What is your favorite leaderboards/achievements app?

This was partly made for wondering what the community's favorite leaderboards/achievements app is (if someone can word this better just tell me), and partly for developers to decide which one would be a better choice to put into their apps

This is a forum dedicated to figure out what is the best way you can give Steve Jobs your money.
03-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Defenitely OpenFeint. It probably has the most unique design ever for a leaderboard/Achievements. I really don't know why, but I seem to hate Plus+

03-06-2010, 03:56 PM
OpenFeint for sure.
03-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Plus. It's sleek and fast. OpenFeint is dragged down with the never-ending pages you have to go through to change your profile, see friend requests, etc. Plus interface is extremely simplistic and easier to use.

Playing! MC2: Black Pegasus, Super Mega Worm, Parachute Panic, Fruit Ninja, Sonic 4, Reckless Racing, Samurai II: Vengence
@parkerewan
03-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bok Choy View Post
Plus. It's sleek and fast. OpenFeint is dragged down with the never-ending pages you have to go through to change your profile, see friend requests, etc. Plus interface is extremely simplistic and easier to use.
Easier and simple to use because there is less features.
03-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Crystal. I really like how it is stylized to fit the game it is implemented in. It is happy medium between plus+ and feint. It is a good bit faster than feint (although lacks many of its features) and has more features than plus+ (while not being as fast)

Gamecenter: Will090
03-06-2010, 05:08 PM
I like OpenFeint, simply because of how many games have it and how easy it is to activate it for each new game. No need to type in a username and password. You can also view achievements while offline.

I don't like Plus+ because of the fact that you can't check achievements without being connected to WiFi/a phone network. I play my iPod on the train to and from school, and not being able to see the achivements is a pain.

Agon is very nice, but not many games use it.

I've only got one game with Crystal (Angry Birds), and it's been very bad with recognising achivements I've gotten while offline.
03-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will090 View Post
Crystal. I really like how it is stylized to fit the game it is implemented in. It is happy medium between plus+ and feint. It is a good bit faster than feint (although lacks many of its features) and has more features than plus+ (while not being as fast)
Faster...?

For some reason, at least on Angry Birds, it takes like 2 minutes to load a leaderboard section...

My favourite is Plus+ though.

Currently Playing:Monster Dash, Ninjump, Monorace, Run!, Flying Discs, Bejeweled 2, Doodle Jump, Fruit Ninja, Moto X Mayhem, Zombie Escape

Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 Twitter contest!
03-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Openfeint has the most apps and im just used to it. I don't know why but i hate plus, it just really annoys me i have never used agon and i have used crystal once and think its kinda confusing.

My Twitter: pcmaster160
Future Games Developers - Website - Twitter
03-06-2010, 06:33 PM
OF. Somehow I dont like ++ that much (must be because of that horrible, non sensical name). Crystal and Agon are nice, but they really can't measure up to the 2 that have been up for a lot longer.