★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: ATTENTION: Days of Thunder may not work on your iPhone/iPod Touch!

02-05-2009, 07:09 AM
ATTENTION: Days of Thunder may not work on your iPhone/iPod Touch!

UPDATE: the game is updated and now everything works GREAT (there was an issue with language options). i leave what i first wrote as a history of Days of Thunder.

so i bought Days of Thunder. downloaded and installed. touched the icon.

and after beautiful loading screen...

this one appeared:

i didn't know what happened so i started to touch every place on my touchscreen. then suddenly i could select a track! nice:

and even a car:

i don't know how it would race in those circumstances though.

i tried everything: deleted it and installed "days" again. checked the format region. switched of my iPhone. plus yesterday i did a complete restore. i sent a form to freeverse support, and still waiting for reply.

i created this thread cause many people can actually talk about the game itself, but there is a huge number of responses with the same problem - "days" are unplayable.

please leave a reply if you have the same issue and your ideas (if you have any) how to solve it. maybe we can only wait for an update?

oh, and don't trash the main thread about Days of Thunder. let's find a solution here!

Last edited by pante; 02-11-2009 at 07:29 PM.
02-05-2009, 07:11 AM
As I wrote in the actual DoT-topic, I experience the same problem. Using iPod Touch 2nd gen, with fw 2.2.1.

02-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Oliver in the other thread mentioned that switching his language setting to English fixed the problem for him. The Freeverse team won't be awake yet (it's only 7am in New York) but no doubt Hippieman will be on the case as soon as he's up.
02-05-2009, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwilnik View Post
Oliver in the other thread mentioned that switching his language setting to English fixed the problem for him. The Freeverse team won't be awake yet (it's only 7am in New York) but no doubt Hippieman will be on the case as soon as he's up.
Yeah, I can confirm that changing to English works... too bad these games are not tested properly.
02-05-2009, 07:43 AM
Just as a sidenote: This seems to be the second game which suffers from the "international issue". The first one was CubicMan, which died after selecting a level.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
02-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Just as a sidenote: This seems to be the second game which suffers from the "international issue". The first one was CubicMan, which died after selecting a level.
I remember WordJong also was troubled by this same issue?
02-05-2009, 08:35 AM
And Monopoly, the international edition.
02-05-2009, 09:13 AM
I installed it first thing this morning on an iPhone 3G and haven't had any problems yet. I raced 4 races with no problem. Hopefully they can figure out the problem that's affecting you guys.
02-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthibault View Post
I installed it first thing this morning on an iPhone 3G and haven't had any problems yet. I raced 4 races with no problem. Hopefully they can figure out the problem that's affecting you guys.
It seems to be if your device is not set to english the game breaks.

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab
02-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Freeverse is good with backing up their product. I'm sure an update will be submitted as soon as possible.

MacBookPro 17" 2.33, 23" LCD, Ipod Touch 1st Gen- JB'd, Iphone 3g - not JB'd----yet.