★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 66 OFF FOR A LIMIT TIME!

Have you ever played a match3 game in a physics world?

Please fellow us on:
http://twitter.com/reanix/
Any question or feedback please send to:
reanix [at] live.com

REANIX's comments:
Action Egypt Free was released too!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/action-egypt-free/id359582721?mt=8

03-07-2010, 01:08 PM
I just downloaded the free version and I really like it so far. The controls and physics work really well and the art style is nice. The best part about the game is the OpenFeint integration and many achievements to unlock. Overall, it's a solid match 3 game with a little something extra to keep your attention.

03-07-2010, 01:11 PM
It looks fantastic ... i'll try it for sure!!!!
03-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Action Egypt Review

I have played many imitations of tetris through the years. However I was surprised that this game truly combines something different with the aspect
of puzzle games. Like the simple game of BlockDrop and tetris, this game provides an additional element of physics. The object of the game is to stack or allign as many combinations of three or more gems of the same colour as possible. The gems can be stacked in any order or any fashion but these gems may also fall or collapse if distributed unevenly. The awesome graphics and egyptian theme truly provides an intriging and addictive style of gameplay. 4.5/5

Improvements: Try to enhance the controls and make them more responsive

Last edited by Phoenix526; 03-07-2010 at 02:16 PM.
03-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix526 View Post
I have played many imitations of tetris through the years. However I was surprised that this game truly combines something different with the aspect
of puzzle games. Like the simple game of BlockDrop and tetris, this game provides an additional element of physics. The object of the game is to stack or allign as many combinations of three or more gems of the same colour as possible. The gems can be stacked in any order or any fashion but these gems may also fall or collapse if distributed unevenly. The awesome graphics and egyptian theme truly provides an intriging and addictive style of gameplay. 4.5/5

Improvements: Try to enhance the controls and make them more responsive
I agree its definetely added something different to the genere very good game very polished
03-07-2010, 03:48 PM
A tiny review from the free version...

The controls / physics work fantastic well and the visuals are nice as well!!!
I start playing for a while and i didn't want to stop!!
I'm thinking seriously to get the full version!
4/5 from me ... an i hope for future updates with some new improvements for 5/5*!!!!
Good job...
03-07-2010, 06:04 PM
I will try this one out and hopefully this will get me playing this genre again after many disapointments after playing Azkend for my first "match 3" type game. Nothing has gotten my attention since that one. Maybe this will
03-07-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm so surprised to hear comments about great control. It's like we're playing different games. I slide my finger just barely in one direction and the gem might move a little bit in the direction, it might move all the way to the edge of the screen, and just every once in a while, it moves opposite the direction that I've moved my finger. I deleted the game with less than 3 minutes play time because the imprecise controls make it utterly unplayable.

Seeing that others thought the game has great control, I downloaded and installed it again. I'm still seeing the same results. I've cleaned my screen. I've rebooted my iPod. I've stopped and restarted the game. Nothing I do makes this the least bit playable. Clearly, it's something with my iPod since others aren't bringing up this issue, but I have no idea what is making it like this. I'm running the free version on an iPod Touch 3G with 64G storage, if any of that impacts things.
03-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagManX View Post
I'm so surprised to hear comments about great control. It's like we're playing different games. I slide my finger just barely in one direction and the gem might move a little bit in the direction, it might move all the way to the edge of the screen, and just every once in a while, it moves opposite the direction that I've moved my finger. I deleted the game with less than 3 minutes play time because the imprecise controls make it utterly unplayable.

Seeing that others thought the game has great control, I downloaded and installed it again. I'm still seeing the same results. I've cleaned my screen. I've rebooted my iPod. I've stopped and restarted the game. Nothing I do makes this the least bit playable. Clearly, it's something with my iPod since others aren't bringing up this issue, but I have no idea what is making it like this. I'm running the free version on an iPod Touch 3G with 64G storage, if any of that impacts things.
I just got a ITouch 2, It works ok for me.
Please try to disable WI-FI and see what will happen.
You can use refresh button if the game stop accidently.
Any feedback or suggestion, you can send to reanix [at] live.com.
We will do everything we can.
03-08-2010, 04:09 AM
Interesting idea. 50% Match 3, 25% Tetris, 15% Physics, and 10% Strategy (I think). I agree with previous feedbacks, blocks control can be improved. Maybe touching the block and drag to position instead of swipe will improve precision. Can we also have the classic d-pad control as option? Overall, I like this although I have spent only a few minutes.