★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Lux Touch released...

10-07-2008, 03:30 AM
Lux Touch released...

Looks like there's some competition for Virtual Conquest in the form of Lux Touch.

Would be interesting to see how the two compare.

Lux is currently free, mainly because it seems like it's not really feature-complete so I'm sure the price will go up or it seems this might be the "lite" version as the developer says:

Quote:
Lux Touch is just the beginning. Lux DLX is coming soon, featuring...
• Harder computer AI
• More settings and options
• Tons of different maps, like these:
In the store here.

I have downloaded Lux but haven't had a chance to play it yet!

Last edited by jsamuelson; 10-07-2008 at 03:37 AM.
10-07-2008, 04:14 AM
Omg, looks like the desktop version. Looks good, plays fine. Would be great if it can zoom. Hope that's in the full version. It's free, can't complain.

10-07-2008, 04:36 AM
hmm seems like when I played lux a few months ago on my Mac (they have linux, windows versions too) they had a basic version for free with just basic map. Now on their site http://sillysoft.net/ looks like they consolidated them and have 30 day demos.

I tried this iPhone version out. It plays decent. If you don't wish to tap each time again and again for the battle just hold your finger down and it'll be over quickly. Also when moving armies instead of tap, tap, tap for each one just hold down finger to target country and all will move quickly.

My problem is yeah it's like risk but I just can't get over if you are A and computer opponents are B, C, D then if you let C attack D then C is weak and now you A can attack D. Lux does try to alleviate that by having when you completely eliminate an opponent you get their cash cards which you can cash in for bonus armies. Still it's a fun little game for a quick diversion.

Pretty sure this will remain free and their deluxe version with tons of maps will cost.
10-07-2008, 04:46 AM
As long as they work in some serious AI for solo play and hook it up for network play then I'll pretty much pay anything they ask...

Risk is one of my all-time favourite games.

@mrbass I'm pretty sure Lux Delux was always shareware, but they gave you 30 games to trial it...
10-20-2008, 06:41 PM
I downloaded this free game and it was super fun, but drained my battery like you would not believe! I took it babysitting with me, and my battery was full. I played through one game, and it was nearly empty.
10-20-2008, 08:32 PM
A proper RISK on the iphone is what I want.

Let's hope it's on the way.

Lux is hard to read, moves could be made so much more interesting. It's a start. In the end it's just too tiny on the iphone to be any fun. Camera zoom-in and showing the dice rolling, that's cool and that experience is missing.

Online RISK... where are you?
10-21-2008, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by networkman View Post
A proper RISK on the iphone is what I want.

Let's hope it's on the way.

Lux is hard to read, moves could be made so much more interesting. It's a start. In the end it's just too tiny on the iphone to be any fun. Camera zoom-in and showing the dice rolling, that's cool and that experience is missing.

Online RISK... where are you?
Try Virtual Conquest
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=290649401&mt=8

It has zooming and is a proper recreation of risk. It doesn't show the dice rolling but I assume that would be a design choice to make the game move faster.

I have both Lux Touch and Virtual Conquest. I prefer VC because I already know how to play (lux touch does something with stocks which I don't understand because there is no tutorial). VC also allows you to choose how many players you are goig up against and if they are AI or human opponents (pass n play only)