★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What should my next App purchase be?

View Poll Results: What should my next game be?
Brothers In Arms 4 9.30%
Hero of Sparta 15 34.88%
Payback 10 23.26%
SimCity 2 4.65%
Guitar Rock Tour 2 4.65%
Aqua Forest 0 0%
Labyrinth 1 2.33%
Edge 6 13.95%
De Blob 1 2.33%
Aurora Feint 2 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll
02-05-2009, 11:55 AM
What should my next App purchase be?

Okay, so what should I buy next for my ipod touch to play? I've already got Rolando, Fieldrunners, Bejeweled, Blue Attack and Defense, Critter Crunch, Bonsai Blast, Boomshine, Chopper, The Creeps, i Love Katamari, Topple, Up There, and Touchgrind (as well as a few others.)

And how's Trism?

Last edited by xiao; 02-05-2009 at 12:00 PM.
02-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiao View Post
Okay, so what should I buy next for my ipod touch to play? I've already got Rolando, Fieldrunners, Bejeweled, Blue Attack and Defense, Critter Crunch, Bonsai Blast, Boomshine, Chopper, The Creeps, i Love Katamari, Topple, Up There, and Touchgrind (as well as a few others.)

And how's Trism?
i love trism.

you should get 7 cities, amazing tower defense game. But just say no to aqua forest. just say no.

if u liked bonsai blast, blackbeards assualt is great.

And pocket god, pocket god is a great game.

Try the lite verions for 7 cities, bounce on, aurora fient: the beggining, chuck the ball.

All those games are good.

02-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
i love trism.

you should get 7 cities, amazing tower defense game. But just say no to aqua forest. just say no.

if u liked bonsai blast, blackbeards assualt is great.

And pocket god, pocket god is a great game.

Try the lite verions for 7 cities, bounce on, aurora fient: the beggining, chuck the ball.

All those games are good.
I just bought trism, it's great. I'm still looking for the next "more expensive" app to buy though. I may just skip altogether on games and pick up Beatmaker.

7 Cities does look pretty good but I have enough tower defense games for now. And Bonsai Blast was great fun, and blackbeard's assault looks good as well, but it can't belong before Popcap brings an official Zuma to the iphone, so I'll probably wait for that.

I do already have pocket god.

Thanks for your advice I'll check em out
02-05-2009, 12:45 PM
I'd suggest waiting a few days and get Zen Bound.
02-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moog View Post
I'd suggest waiting a few days and get Zen Bound.
That does look pretty good, what will the price be?

I'm leaning towards Hero of Sparta...
02-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Get payback.
It's realy fun when you've finished the game.
It alsow shows you what you have managed in the game. (People killed, cars pushed off the road,...)
02-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I think Hero of Sparta will provide the most enjoyment although there's not much to do once you complete the game on Heroic.

But, for the duration of the ride, you'll be amazed!
02-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Hrm, well I have all of those on your poll except Guitar Rock Tour and Aurora Feint 2. BIA and HoS were a disappointment for me. Once you've played God of War on the PSP, HoS just seems like a pile of....well, never mind, where was I. Oh yes, basically any virtual D-pad, controlling walking/running characters just feels plain wrong. Then there's Sim City. I think there is a good game somewhere in there to be had, but all those crashes and bugs! Well, I gave up on that one a while ago. Aqua Forest.......um...........NO! What next? Oh yes, Payback. That just felt like another iPhone 'wanna be', but is just not 'gonna be'. Which leaves Labyrinth, Edge and De Blob. All possibilities IMHO. But out of them, I would say Edge has the....um.....edge, the other 2 of which no longer grace my iPod Touch, after my spring clean.

Hope that ramble made some sort of sense

Last edited by Alichan; 02-05-2009 at 03:03 PM.
02-05-2009, 01:14 PM
lol @ aquaforest... are you serious!?!

haha well my vote is for Hero of Sparta of course, but i'm happy to see de Blob on your list, i thoroughly enjoyed that game, it was one of the first i had on my phone!

i'm thinking about Edge as well personally

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
02-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Decide yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
No. But there's a good chance she'll put her hand down there. Like we were holding hands in the movie, she moved our hands on my lap and I was just thinking...oh god please not now please stay soft
Reminding for when I get new iPod: Epic Win