★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Trooper is an action puzzle game which combines casual play with high addictivity.
New and like no other for the iPhone/iPod touch platform, align units, fire missiles to eliminate approaching enemy.

Game characteristics

The two modes of play, tactical and infinite, the game provides many hours of addictive entertainment.
Difficulty can be chosen from easy or normal, catering for both the casual and the expert.

It's an action puzzle game with an added twist of tactics, where one must actively eliminate
approaching enemy, not just another "align bricks to remove" type of puzzle game.
Difficulty has been set to provide hours of fun for both the novice and the expert.
The beautifully balanced gameplay ensures players make progress with each play,
natually inviting to come back for more.
The gameplay is direct, intuitive and exhilirating like no other puzzle game.

Toad In The Hole's comments:

03-09-2010, 03:32 AM
Okay, am I the only person here who's confused about this... I thought this game was released back in April of last year - here's the TA link:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=10016

Has this game been sold to another developer and re-released, if so.. what's different this time? I bought it back then, thought it was okay but nothing spectacular...

If not sold, then I wonder what's going on?

03-09-2010, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
Okay, am I the only person here who's confused about this... I thought this game was released back in April of last year - here's the TA link:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=10016

Has this game been sold to another developer and re-released, if so.. what's different this time? I bought it back then, thought it was okay but nothing spectacular...

If not sold, then I wonder what's going on?
Yeah looks a bit dodgy as games also by this dev has The Trooper down as an old game and priced at $0.99 http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-trooper/id311149684?mt=8 so don't know whats going on
03-09-2010, 03:48 AM
the bugle sounds, the charge begins
but on this battlefield no one wins.
03-09-2010, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
the bugle sounds, the charge begins
but on this battlefield no one wins.
Classy...
03-09-2010, 06:07 AM
There is a $.99 version from the same dev with the same exact screenshots and description. This $4.99 seperate one must be some kind of mistake or something or either that the price is going up with the game resubmitted and the $.99 one is about to be removed from the store?
03-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Yup, odd that the dev re-released the game when the $.99 version is still in the store. I've completed the game once, like ataloss said it's a so so game.
03-09-2010, 08:20 AM
I know I played and beat this game! It wasn't the greatest but it at least held my interest to want to finish - that I guess says something.