★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Good games getting low scores...

03-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Good games getting low scores...

Because it is now free. Look at Tap Tap 3, or Scoops, heaps of people give it 1 star because they bought it, and it is now free. They are complaining over a dollar. It annoys me so much and gives the app an unfair score, and could potentially stop others downloading it. If only Apple could do something about it. Cheap people annoy the hell out of me, shouldn't even be allowed to rate the apps.
03-09-2010, 11:35 AM
I know, it's so stupid.

03-09-2010, 11:41 AM
well, true, but people have the right to express their own thoughts and if they fel they've been ripped off, that's just how it is

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
03-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah, if a game has lower than a 3 1/2 star rating, I usually avoid it. But lately I've been realizing how stupid that mindset is, considering all the skewed reviews from irate customers, etc.
03-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Agreed

I totally agree. The people who whine complain to no end of 1 or 5 dollars don't deserve to enjoy the benefits of a platform like this. I have spent countless thousands of dollars on other platform games ranging 40- 60 a shot only to see the same game in a bargain bin for 5-10 a few months later. I'm not gonna go cry about it or tell people that the game/developer stinks and to boycott over it. I just find it really immature.

I just assume anyone fussing over a couple bucks is probably a small child which doesn't have an income. However it would be nice if they're voting rights could be modified lol (jk) . Seriously ya can't barely buy a stick of gum for a dollar these days though.

*sigh*
03-09-2010, 02:01 PM
I do not care how much money I spend on an app the point is I payed for it regardless of the price. Now you turn around a day or a week later and offer the same thing I payed for free? Of course I am going to be pissed off I want my money back. Why did I have to pay for something that you are now offering for free to everyone who wishes to download it.
03-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Yep. The paying crowd tends to feel annoyed. Thats reasonable. And other developers and publishers tend to feel annoyed, too. Thats reasonable, too. There a few apps I really regret having bought, cause a few weeks later they have been free. I remember such things. I do not forget about such things. It makes me feel betrayed.

Last edited by Symbolist; 03-09-2010 at 02:38 PM.
03-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by socom39 View Post
I do not care how much money I spend on an app the point is I payed for it regardless of the price. Now you turn around a day or a week later and offer the same thing I payed for free? Of course I am going to be pissed off I want my money back. Why did I have to pay for something that you are now offering for free to everyone who wishes to download it.
I agree.

One dollar or seventy, the principle is the same. You're giving away something other people supported and paid money for.

While they should complain in some other way besides giving 1-score reviews (since the price has nothing to do with gameplay), they do have every right to complain, as it's clear the developer sees the customers as marketing and money-making tools, not as actual human beings.

Last edited by Beto_Machado; 03-09-2010 at 02:40 PM.
03-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah I've noticed this a lot, especially with free app a day.
Tbh Tap Tap 3 isn't as good as the original. I found I could never actually press the buttons properly, you have to tap right in the centre target - too hard when pressing one every half second.

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.
03-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Both my games earned 2.5 stars after free promotions. My latest game Pollywog has 6 pages of 5 and 4 star written reviews in the USA with less than 2 pages of lesser stars but the "average" is 2.5 stars. I wrote up a big blog post on the Pollywog free promo with expanded data points for anyone interested.

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
Nozoku Rush Kick Math's Ass!
Critter Panic Break yer brain! FREE!
Silverfish & Silverfish MAX Hardcore arcade insanity!
Nozoku A casual game of math & logic.
More: cbox.me Twitter YouTube