★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Slotz is sooooo hard.

02-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Slotz is sooooo hard.

I don't know why but slotz is so hard for me. I try to wing more championships to get more trophies to get more cars. But I always fall off once and I lose the race. I hate it. Do u feel the same way? If not pls give tips.
02-05-2009, 07:12 PM
I love the game. It can be hard but thats part of the fun.
Practice the tracks first by yourself.
Find the spots on the track you can go fastest and the places that you need to really slow down.
It really helps to know the track.

02-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgamer1224 View Post
I don't know why but slotz is so hard for me. I try to wing more championships to get more trophies to get more cars. But I always fall off once and I lose the race. I hate it. Do u feel the same way? If not pls give tips.
it certainly takes some getting used to, but i wouldn't say it's too hard (i find the difficulty level quite enjoyable)...one good way to know how much to accelerate around a curve is to look at tire smoke as you turn, when you start to see the smoke it is a good sign that you will soon skid off if you don't ease off the accelerator

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
02-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgamer1224 View Post
Dial the CPU Oops factor (in advanced settings) up to 100, dial the grip setting down a bit (CPU cars hate low grip), turn the scale speed down a bit (so it's easier for you to control), stick to the digital throttle and more than anything else *PRACTICE*

Learning the tracks is the key to winning. Find which corners you can go fast on and which ones you can't. Decelerate going into corners and hit the throttle coming out of them. When you see tyre smoke it means you're about to spin off, so let go of the throttle temporarily.
02-05-2009, 07:15 PM
I don't find this game hard at all. I think have won every championship race I have entered. Once you get in a rhythm it's great and you can get many laps ahead of the 2nd place racer

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-05-2009, 07:19 PM
SLotz has a lot of options you can change, personally I play with accel at 20, speed at 25-30 and grip low so it feels more to scale with real racing cars, I also have to slow down on corners due to low grip.

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab
02-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablohead View Post
SLotz has a lot of options you can change, personally I play with accel at 20, speed at 25-30 and grip low so it feels more to scale with real racing cars, I also have to slow down on corners due to low grip.
Thats interesting. I will have to try that feeling.
What view do you use when playing that way?
02-05-2009, 07:23 PM
I would have agreed--but I was having fun despite the difficulty, and just won a match! (Default settings, except I nudged the CPU oops factor just a little above zero--because it seemed unfair for them to be perfect!)

The really simple figure-8 tracks may be a good starting point--I found them easier, even after I "knew" the layouts of more complex tracks. (I think that's why I won, not the oops factor.)

I do see myself improving on the other tracks too. And it's not like I'm putting in hours on this--I pick it up to play with every day or two for a couple of minutes. If I played it a LOT I doubt I would think it was too hard.

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)
02-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLightJerky View Post
Thats interesting. I will have to try that feeling.
What view do you use when playing that way?
The regular one most of the time, I just change cam as I feel like it

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab
02-05-2009, 07:35 PM
I changed the oops factor to 100 but it seems to not have any effect in championship mode