★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Aqua Forest - Free??

10-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Aqua Forest - Free??

I'm at work so I can't verify with iTunes at this moment but just browsed AppShopper and noticed that Aqua Forest is free now??
Now that's quite the price slash...
10-07-2008, 08:13 AM
I tried to download it right away this morning, but iTunes store said it was in the process of being updated or something to that effect. I just checked again and the price is back up to $7.99.

Bummer.

10-07-2008, 08:25 AM
I brought this on the day the app store first opened. It's an interesting game but it's not very responsive at all. On some of the levels the lag in things moving is painful. I've just checked the app store as well and notice that it's never been updated either, so presumably the game play is exactly the same now. Although a different game, Enigmo also involves particle-based physics and doesn't have the same problems of Aqua Forest.

"Arthur & Charles Present Create & Play" now available on the App Store
iTunes - Arthur & Charles Website
10-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Hudson is supposed to have 3 of their games for free through the 12th in honor of the Tokyo Game Show. Aqua Forest, NeoSameGame and Catch the Egg are the games in question. Last I looked at iTunes, all three were at full price.

What I've learned from playing Super Monkey Ball, is that monkeys, in a ball, fall at a speed of 263 mph, on average.
10-07-2008, 08:35 AM
I checked as well and they are all still full price at the moment. I'd like to pick up Aqua Forest. I liked playing with something like this on my desktop. It had slowdown too, so I think the physics are just pretty processor intensive and so slowdown on the iPhone wouldn't be a surprise. Catch the Egg sounds so dumb that I'd love to get it for free and see what the deal is with it. NeoSameGame is a game that has been done too much already, but I'll try it if it is free.
10-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moopf View Post
I brought this on the day the app store first opened. It's an interesting game but it's not very responsive at all. On some of the levels the lag in things moving is painful. I've just checked the app store as well and notice that it's never been updated either, so presumably the game play is exactly the same now. Although a different game, Enigmo also involves particle-based physics and doesn't have the same problems of Aqua Forest.
I have read that (the lag) in multiple reviews and why I never purchased Aqua Forest.
I did purchase Enigmo and still play it to this day. One of the best games out there. There's the occassional frustration with it pausing and not registering that you want to move one of the pieces but it still ranks as one of my personal favourite games in the AppStore.
10-07-2008, 10:08 AM
There is lag, but then, the nature of the game is so way ahead of something like Enigmo - which is also a great title, but the physics involved there is vastly simpler. There's something quite wonderful about being able to draw a blob of water, release your finger, and have it coalesce and fall realistically into or onto whatever's beneath it.

Now, if there were only a Second Life viewer for the iPhone.. (I know it's all but impossible, for now, without a substantial team working on it full-time, but it doesn't hurt to dream)
10-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
I tried to download it right away this morning, but iTunes store said it was in the process of being updated or something to that effect. I just checked again and the price is back up to $7.99.

Bummer.
If you click see all reviews, it shows that its free. I'm kinda scared to click it tho, since it might charge the $7.99. Not sure what is up.
10-07-2008, 10:49 AM
looks like it was briefly free. maybe a mistake?

arn
10-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
looks like it was briefly free. maybe a mistake?

arn
TGS is from the 9th to the 12th. Maybe Apple made it free too soon.

What I've learned from playing Super Monkey Ball, is that monkeys, in a ball, fall at a speed of 263 mph, on average.