★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Fellow devs, unite for untold riches!!

03-10-2010, 06:50 AM
Fellow devs, unite for untold riches!!

You may have noticed that the ALL-IN-1 GAMEBOX is consistently at the top of the paid charts. They are raking in millions of dollars, mostly because they offer 26 crappy games for just $0.99.

But I have a better idea...

30 games for just $0.99. That's right, thirty crappy games for only a buck. Now who would buy 26 games when you can get 30??

So all I need is 30 devs with crappy games to join me. When we make $1 million in profit, everyone gets $33,333! That is far far more than your crappy game could make on its own.

We can't lose!!! Who's with me? WHO'S WITH ME??!!!

Edit:

Well I'm actually serious about this, but not about the crap part... I'm putting together themed bundles of 10 decent quality games. Eg Puzzle game bundle, action bundle, etc. Games that are good but could not get visibity on the app store, or perhaps older games whose sales have died down. I have already secured $10,000 in funding to kick it off.

Bundles of 10 good games have a great chance to dominate the charts, as well as provide good profits to the devs. The new website will be launched in a day or two, but devs that want in on the ground floor can contact me for more details...

http://www.appbundles.com

Be sure to check out Shadow Era, a trading card game now with almost 3 million players, cross-platform multiplayer for iPhone, Android, web, PC and Mac for FREE!

Last edited by Kyle Poole; 03-12-2010 at 09:40 AM.
03-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Might work, BUT you wouldn't be the original, the first game in normally does the best, basically you guys would just be "another 30-in-1" if you know what I mean. It's a good idea, but unless you offer 30 decent games I don't think it will do nearly as well. You would probably be better off just making ten or so mini games then getting other Dev's to do the rest, I doubt too many Dev's are going to jump into a project when you need that many people. Even if every Dev did only five games you guys would at least make a decent profit, but if you have to divide it by 30 and the game didn't sell well, you would end up with 29 angry Dev's and very little money. Just my two cents.

03-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Its so lame that Triniti is making loads of cash..I think they got banned from the forums for shilling awhile ago..
03-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Poole View Post
You may have noticed that the ALL-IN-1 GAMEBOX is consistently at the top of the paid charts. They are raking in millions of dollars, mostly because they offer 26 crappy games for just $0.99.

But I have a better idea...

30 games for just $0.99. That's right, thirty crappy games for only a buck. Now who would buy 26 games when you can get 30??

So all I need is 30 devs with crappy games to join me. When we make $1 million in profit, everyone gets $33,333! That is far far more than your crappy game could make on its own.

We can't lose!!! Who's with me? WHO'S WITH ME??!!!

Genius!
03-10-2010, 08:28 AM
I could just make 30 crap games and have the $1m all to myself... MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

But seriously, it's a good idea, and if enough dev's sign up so will I
03-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Lets not even bother with thirty, rather go for ONE HUNDRED!

Richrichrich!
03-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Yeah but with 100 you have to divide by too many people, so less profits

I guess NickFalk is right, 27 seems perfect... But what happens if someone comes out with a 28 game bundle? D'OH!!!

Be sure to check out Shadow Era, a trading card game now with almost 3 million players, cross-platform multiplayer for iPhone, Android, web, PC and Mac for FREE!
03-10-2010, 09:07 AM
I'll never understand the app store. I look at the 26-in-1 game box and say, "man, there's maybe 1 game in here I'd play for 5 minutes" ... meanwhile it's at the top of the charts. I think Sinecure Industries just needs to come out with a serious piece of crap and rake in the cash.
03-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Come on, guys, you're not thinking like like a true crapware designer. Let me point you back to the good ol' days of the 1000-in-1 carts you could get for NES or Game Boy or whatever. Truly, there were 1,000 games (or however many they crammed in) on each cart, but generally there were about a dozen or more variations of the same game: Tetris! Bottom-up Tetris! Tetris with new pieces! Tetris with new graphics! Reverse Tetris! Tetris from the side! Tetris from the other side! Tetris with erotic pictures in the background (a.k.a. Titris)! Tetris - The Salvador Dali Remix! Tetris with lettuce and mayo on rye! Plus sixty versions of Mario Bros., forty versions of Duck Hunt, and a bunch of obscure games from Brazil nobody has ever heard of.

You could take a couple dozen crap games and make a couple dozen variants of each and now you've got over 500 games in one app!

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko